Aeon MQ 7 Menu in Fixed List Mode
First let me say great skin.

Now a question. I am trying to get the main menu to stay fixed. I only have three items in the menu and would like them to be fixed, trouble is that fixed list mode does not work. I had no problem with Aeon MQ6, is this a bug or just not possible on the new version?
(2016-12-24, 13:19)Garry74 Wrote: First let me say great skin.

Now a question. I am trying to get the main menu to stay fixed. I only have three items in the menu and would like them to be fixed, trouble is that fixed list mode does not work. I had no problem with Aeon MQ6, is this a bug or just not possible on the new version?

Hi Gary

Navigate to the 1080i folder of the skin. Open the file includesMainMenu.xml in an xml editor. Search for the word movement and replace the line with the line below

Code:
<!--<movement>1</movement>-->

Save file. Then reboot kodi. Then enable the option menu in fixed list mode in skin settings --> menu bar. Main menu should be in fixed mode.

Hope this helps
(2016-12-25, 00:28)the_bo Wrote:
(2016-12-24, 13:19)Garry74 Wrote: First let me say great skin.

Hi Gary

Navigate to the 1080i folder of the skin. Open the file includesMainMenu.xml in an xml editor. Search for the word movement and replace the line with the line below

Code:
<!--<movement>1</movement>-->

Save file. Then reboot kodi. Then enable the option menu in fixed list mode in skin settings --> menu bar. Main menu should be in fixed mode.

Hope this helps

Thanks for the help, but unfortunately it did not work. I edited the file as you described replacing the two instances where movement was used. Confused
Only replace the first movement line. You can try deleting the line instead. Make sure reboot after changes. And sure fixed mode option is enabled skin settings.
(2016-12-26, 15:00)the_bo Wrote: Only replace the first movement line. You can try deleting the line instead. Make sure reboot after changes. And sure fixed mode option is enabled skin settings.

I only replaced the first movement line the first time i did the change and it did not work. So I went back into the file and changed the other instance. I'll try deleting the first instance and restoring the second instance to its previous state.
No joy. Restored the file to how it was originally, then deleted the first instance.
Is there a movement line in home.xml. try deleting that
(2016-12-27, 00:56)the_bo Wrote: Is there a movement line in home.xml. try deleting that

Nothing in there. Thanks for your help though.
Anyone else any ideas why fixed list mode is not working? Does it work on other peoples systems?
you dont need to mod it, its in the skin settings for the menu, at least it is in ver 2.x.x for krypton. think it was there for jarvis too 1.4 or 1.5.
It is in the menu, it just does not work in v7. No problem in v6.

Anyway to contact the developer? Maybe they can help.
I did a fresh install of Krypton Final and MQ7 from scratch last night. Was one of the first settings I changed and it works for me.

What version of Kodi and MQ7 do you have?
Thanks for trying the install.

i have MQ7 v1.4.0.6 and I downloaded the latest version of Kodi 17, git: 20170201 -a10c504.

Did you try it with only three items on the menu screen?

Edit: Managed to get the latest version of MQ7 and still no joy.
oops, sorry..when you said only 3 items, i reread the issue and now understand you dont want any movement.

fixed list in AQ to me means no looping around again when you get to the end. with fixed list, the selected item is always centered, which i now understand is not what you want.

Even the mod in post 2 does the same thing that is now a built in option.

Hopefully someone with coding knowledge will be able to help with no movement and allow selections to go left, centre, right.

What about vertical menu? i know i dont like it as much though.
(2017-02-10, 15:23)abba77 Wrote: oops, sorry..when you said only 3 items, i reread the issue and now understand you dont want any movement.

fixed list in AQ to me means no looping around again when you get to the end. with fixed list, the selected item is always centered, which i now understand is not what you want.

Even the mod in post 2 does the same thing that is now a built in option.

Hopefully someone with coding knowledge will be able to help with no movement and allow selections to go left, centre, right.

What about vertical menu? i know i dont like it as much though.

I've got in contact with the developer in Brazil. Maybe i need to explain the issue a bit more, he may think along the same lines as you.

Thanks for the help though.

Edit: Wanilton has identified a problem with the skin and is going to try and fix it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon MQ 7 Menu in Fixed List Mode1