• 27(current)
WIP Aeon 2 (Kodi Matrix/Leia/Krypton)
Where did you find the information about a planned release date?

Regards Hoppel
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi
(2019-06-30, 11:11)hoppel118 Wrote: Where did you find the information about a planned release date?

Regards Hoppel

from this post:
the first in about a year - is coming up in about a month
-djh_

it's supposed to be last month, but it didn't
and maybe this day of the end of this month
maybe this is will be surprise to all of us?
INTEL: Celeron - UHD 610 | KODI: 18.3
His first opportunity to work on it again not release it, and since then he's posted this update -

(2019-06-03, 17:11)djh_ Wrote: Quick status update.

Skin design is about 80% complete. The OSD is getting a redesign, there are a couple of bespoke screens to go in, and then a hefty but quite straightforward tutorial component, but in terms of a release candidate that's about it.

This does not mean the skin itself is 80%.

Once those last few bits are done, the whole thing is being rebuilt from the ground up with better documented and standardised code. You can imagine the amount of detritus that's built up over on-off years of doing this.

The animations and colour-changing stuff are much snappier and more polished than they were for the last video, and there are handy new features that make using the thing less painful.

When the skin is rebuilt, there'll be a further polish and optimisation pass done to ensure you can't break anything or hitch the animations when just tooling about with a remote/controller. There'll be a brief, private testing phase and then release.

Expect plenty of activity post-release. Should be fun. Might do another video later.
You can expect a release for Christmas this year. Remember, the whole skin has to be rebuilt once the functionality is complete, which given the state of it now will take a good while.

On a separate note, I've started testing on an Nvidia Shield TV 2017. GUI performance at 4K with 100% 4K posters and artwork is perfect. Will post some updated pics tonight.
www: deadendthrills.com
follow on twitter for updates, etc: @deadendthrills
(2019-07-02, 00:58)djh_ Wrote: You can expect a release for Christmas this year. Remember, the whole skin has to be rebuilt once the functionality is complete, which given the state of it now will take a good while.

On a separate note, I've started testing on an Nvidia Shield TV 2017. GUI performance at 4K with 100% 4K posters and artwork is perfect. Will post some updated pics tonight.

Good news....
djh and hitcher in the same thread.. skinning legends. Oh, how the years go by. Amazing work on Aeon 2 btw. Looking forward to those screenshots.
When I get time I'll do a blog explaining the full rationale behind things like the Kids view. The important thing is that this view is specific to kids shows and is not used for mature. Kids and grown-ups have very different tastes when it comes to browsing, and that's hopefully reflected here. There's a lot of specificity when it comes to views and content types in this new Aeon, so you don't need excessive labels telling you where you are all the time - you just know. The plan is to have a one-touch mode of 'zooming out' this fullscreen view to help navigate larger libraries, but I'm not worried about that just yet.

As you can see, the view for mature TV is pretty much unchanged, but there's still a basic level of consistency when browsing TV shows in general.

I want it now! Wink
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi
Nice work Duncan

Updated screenshots display artwork beautifully.  You've even tastefully included clearlogos.

Looking forward to hearing more about the companion app.
Can hardly wait to try this out!  It looks so clean and modern,   great work man!

@djh_ 

This is pure torture  Laugh

It's been a long time in the making but worth the wait. Great work!!!
Setup: LG OLED65B7 | Denon AVR X7200WA | OPPO UDP-203 4K Blu-Ray player | Nvidia Shield TV | KEF T205
My Favorite Skin: Arctic Horizon
Checking in here every day for screenshots or video Big Grin
All i want in Christmas is Aeon Two
INTEL: Celeron - UHD 610 | KODI: 18.3
(2019-07-02, 12:12)djh_ Wrote: When I get time I'll do a blog explaining the full rationale behind things like the Kids view.

Kids mode is a great addition. I can see this skin going full time kids mode on multiple tvs (children's bedrooms)
  • 27(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon 2 (Kodi Matrix/Leia/Krypton)30