• 4(current)
WIP Aeon 2 (Kodi Matrix/Leia/Krypton)
this is fantastic news! I've loved that skin since using XBMC back in 2008... anyone know what month we are realistically looking at in terms of a release? Always happy to test :-)
Really looking forward to it this. Loved the original Aeon.
(2016-12-29, 02:54)djh_ Wrote: You'll notice there are already certain 'anchors' in place, much like the original Aeon: elements which persist across multiple screens and never change position (though they do now change colour). I'm not going to try and force those things where they don't belong, though, so don't expect to see 'now playing' info on every page. Indeed, I want to really cut down on the more perfunctory elements of modern media centres, especially in terms of meta data. There was a point during the original Aeon where it felt like there couldn't be enough media flags dotted all over the place, but that time has passed. I don't think user ratings are relevant to someone's personal media collection, for example, nor do I think having loads of technical data like aspect ratio and resolution is very 2017. You can forget about weather, too.

User ratings pertaining to the IMDB rating that shows up, like 7.0/10 (15,000 users)? That is something essential for me. My wife uses them all the time to decide on what to watch. (anything under a certain rating she refuses to watch). Please say that will stick around. Im anxious to check out the new aeon, it was really the showcase of my XBMC back in the day.
WOW!!! aight! i see you doin' tha damn thang!
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
(2016-12-30, 23:59)thesuffering Wrote:
(2016-12-29, 02:54)djh_ Wrote: You'll notice there are already certain 'anchors' in place, much like the original Aeon: elements which persist across multiple screens and never change position (though they do now change colour). I'm not going to try and force those things where they don't belong, though, so don't expect to see 'now playing' info on every page. Indeed, I want to really cut down on the more perfunctory elements of modern media centres, especially in terms of meta data. There was a point during the original Aeon where it felt like there couldn't be enough media flags dotted all over the place, but that time has passed. I don't think user ratings are relevant to someone's personal media collection, for example, nor do I think having loads of technical data like aspect ratio and resolution is very 2017. You can forget about weather, too.

User ratings pertaining to the IMDB rating that shows up, like 7.0/10 (15,000 users)? That is something essential for me. My wife uses them all the time to decide on what to watch. (anything under a certain rating she refuses to watch). Please say that will stick around. Im anxious to check out the new aeon, it was really the showcase of my XBMC back in the day.

These would get modded in next day by the usual suspects Wink Big Grin [I don't mean me by that statement!]
Wow, this was the best christmas gift ever. I loved Aeon for so many years, and by the looks of this mockups. It looks unreal (in a good way).

Now comes the waiting game Smile
TV: UE55F8005
XBMC: Mac mini 2012 with windows 8.1
SOUND: Sonos playbar + Sonos Sub + 2x Rear Play: 3
Here's a concept for what'll happen when you push down while on the home screen. Click for 1080p.

www: deadendthrills.com
follow on twitter for updates, etc: @deadendthrills
(2017-01-02, 03:05)djh_ Wrote: Here's a concept for what'll happen when you push down while on the home screen. Click for 1080p.

Welcome back djh, this looks great! Very professional.
Finally some icons that explain what they actually do! Haha

Looks a bit hard to see the main menu text with that highly transparent gradient behind it, might be a good idea to offer a solid bar for that.

I realise you said that you'll probably stick to one view for all windows, which I agree with for the most part.. But please consider adding a thumbnail/poster wall style view for media libraries. Being able to see movie covers when navigating the library helps when deciding what to watch instead of scrolling through a large list of 1000 odd movies, can be a bit tiring having to read the title of every list entry.

This looks fantastic, very fresh clean, user friendly and professional. This is exactly the sort of skin kodi should come packed with out of the box... It makes the new estuary look old already lol there's just no need for all those silly widgets.

Question, do you have a cencept for how the submenu entries will look? Vertical or horizontal? Or will the submenu items be accessed from within the windows?

Can't wait for this.
Keep it up!
Welcome back! Looks great. Can't wait to play around with this.
welcome back .... awesome work! looking forward to try it out and love it!
rebuilding ....
More in-Kodi stuff. Not to be considered final quality or design, obv. If the elements look oddly aligned it's because there's a parallax scrolling effect when you pull up the home screen menu.

www: deadendthrills.com
follow on twitter for updates, etc: @deadendthrills
Love it
love it when will it will be released?
(2016-12-29, 17:57)hansl Wrote: Any chance for a vertical home screen? Pretty please? Big Grin

I second that Big Grin
Great looking Skin!!!

Is it maybe possible to get a little bit more of the shadow effect at the "horizontal scroll-bar" in the main-menu. Only for better readability with bright backgrounds.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon 2 (Kodi Matrix/Leia/Krypton)30