• 17(current)
WIP Aeon 2 (Kodi Matrix/Leia/Krypton)
September 30th.

That's when Aeon is released, and when I hope to have it finished by. If it's not finished - and I don't see why it shouldn't be - then I'll simply work to finish it post-release. I figured I'd set a date because a) it gives me something to work towards and means I can't keep putting off the more 'boring' bits of the skin, and b) I don't want this dragging on so long that expectations get out of hand. People assume that when something takes ages, it's going to be amazing, which isn't always true of passion projects being done in someone's spare time.

I'm also taking donations now. This is because I started Aeon before Christmas during a period when work had dried up. That's not the case now and won't be for the foreseeable future, which means I'm going to have to turn down a few opportunities to ensure this gets finished. Donating doesn't mean you get to decide features or cosmetic changes, but I will recognise donations as a whole by adding music video support, and making PVR a priority feature to add after release. Donations will also go towards commissioning someone to do a proper Aeon logo, as I'm not the man for that.

Donation link is in the OP, where I'll also cut-and-paste this.
www: deadendthrills.com
follow on twitter for updates, etc: @deadendthrills
Great news, I definitely won't hold you to that date*

*Puts reminder in calendar
Shut up and take my money!

And thanks for setting a date. This has been driving me crazy. Big Grin
So if it's not done by then can we get our burning pitchforks out?
He didn't say which year. Wink
(2017-07-04, 15:54)Saner Wrote: So if it's not done by then can we get our burning pitchforks out?

It'll be as done as I can make it - but it'll be out.
Don't work to hard! Thank you so much for making this awesome skin. People don't appreciate you guys enough.
I've been away from the forums for a while (years) and to see that you are back and at it again is refreshing djh_ .
-stoli-
2 months left...

i hope the feature of extrafanart will be available on this skin.

regards..
INTEL: Celeron - UHD 610 | KODI: 18.3
Sorry to inform you all that an immediate member of my family has become seriously ill, and so my involvement with this project is over. Other book and web projects will continue, but that extra time I made for Kodi is gone.

I'll be speaking to some friends in the scene this week with an offer to hand the skin, such as it is, over to them immediately. What they choose to do with it and when is their decision.

Any donations I'd received (both of them!) have been refunded.

Hopefully, you'll get some further info soon...

Life sucks. Again, apologies.
Hey djh. New to this forum but love your work. Very sad news. I wish you and your family all the best in these difficult times.
Hello djh,

that's nothing you have to apologize. Now it's time to care for your family and your self!

Best regards Hoppel
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi
Family first djh_.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
Hope you can find someone to do the skin justice was looking really promising - all the best for the future and thanks for all you've done
Family and real life always comes first.

I hope things get better, take care
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon 2 (Kodi Matrix/Leia/Krypton)30