• 25(current)
WIP Aeon 2 (Kodi Matrix/Leia/Krypton)
(2019-04-29, 13:33)djh_ Wrote: Just your routine 'it's still a thing' post. A natural break in my schedule - the first in about a year - is coming up in about a month, and I'm keeping it free. Been using the WIP version at home the whole time and it's safe to say the design still feels good, even if Kodi seems hellbent on breaking it! Trying not to think of the bit at the end where I plug the holes between the placeholder bits and Kodi's actual abilities, but that might actually be quite fun.

There's a kids' section now, and a dynamic screensaver with 'additive' parallax scrolling. Will post some pictures eventually.
Well after just getting over the long wait and emotions in "Endgame" and "The Long Night" this latest news just tops the lot Smile
Glad to know this is being worked on! Hype is up through the roof again! Thanks for all your hard work.
(2019-04-29, 13:33)djh_ Wrote: Just your routine 'it's still a thing' post. A natural break in my schedule - the first in about a year - is coming up in about a month, and I'm keeping it free. Been using the WIP version at home the whole time and it's safe to say the design still feels good, even if Kodi seems hellbent on breaking it! Trying not to think of the bit at the end where I plug the holes between the placeholder bits and Kodi's actual abilities, but that might actually be quite fun.

There's a kids' section now, and a dynamic screensaver with 'additive' parallax scrolling. Will post some pictures eventually.
happy to hear you are here again
Just don't get in your head that there's some time/features proportionality here. As these things go it's just going to be a small, complete *something* that does precisely what I need it to do, upon which folks will obviously add what they like. My motivation is entirely selfish here, which is good because I'd have never stuck with it otherwise. If I said 'it'll be worth the wait' I'd be lying, 'cause the fact is I've been waiting to work on it about as long as you've been waiting for it to be finished. But whatever, it's still happening. Just keep expectations in check.
www: deadendthrills.com
follow on twitter for updates, etc: @deadendthrills
a little tease maybe sir Smile
INTEL: Celeron - UHD 610 | KODI: 18.3
Im not sure if its been asked, so my apologies if it has, but for movies will there be a horizontal "showcase" view (something like this http://i.imgur.com/tXDWepN.jpg ) or is it limited to just the vertical view that you've shown?
(2019-05-07, 23:02)thesuffering Wrote: Im not sure if its been asked, so my apologies if it has, but for movies will there be a horizontal "showcase" view (something like this http://i.imgur.com/tXDWepN.jpg ) or is it limited to just the vertical view that you've shown?

The skin as you want to finish the creator seems perfect. I think that what you suggest is not necessary, there are other skins with that characteristic.
This is saddening.

I assume someone has modded their skin with your shared views? That is the one thing I dislike with this forum/community and why I choose not to release my skin. Best advice if you have any unique idea is to keep it under warps until your ready to share, and be careful who you allow test as I have someone that were testing my stuff rip my whole idea into another skin mod as if it was theirs. People like that will ruin it for everyone as there is a lot of time that goes into designing and coding these projects and it sucks to see your hard work just appear in some else skin as if it was there original idea. But I guess that is the bitter sweet part of Open Source. Hope all is well and stay true, @djh_ your already famous on this forum so your work will still have an amazing launch when you release it.
Shield TV | Windows 10 | Mariadb | Mii Box
Evolve Ecosystem Repo | TV Melodies | Madnox Holiday Mod
(2019-05-19, 00:43)smitchell6879 Wrote: I assume someone has modded their skin with your shared views? That is the one thing I dislike with this forum/community and why I choose not to release my skin. Best advice if you have any unique idea is to keep it under warps until your ready to share, and be careful who you allow test as I have someone that were testing my stuff rip my whole idea into another skin mod as if it was theirs. People like that will ruin it for everyone as there is a lot of time that goes into designing and coding these projects and it sucks to see your hard work just appear in some else skin as if it was there original idea. But I guess that is the bitter sweet part of Open Source. Hope all is well and stay true, @djh_ your already famous on this forum so your work will still have an amazing launch when you release it.

THats the whole point of putting a a skin up on here surely , its for people to do with it whatvthey want , adapt it to how they want it ?
(2019-05-19, 01:23)ontap Wrote: THats the whole point of putting a a skin up on here surely , its for people to do with it whatvthey want , adapt it to how they want it ?
I agree when the developer make a public release of a open source skin then it is open source and licensed to do with what you want then at that time I agreed rip it to shreds for all I care.

But he has not released the skin yet, and do you really understand the time that it takes one person to fully developed a new skin from start to finish. It's not sometime be taken lightly and it's definitely not a diy one weekend project.

I am just saying that as a person a modder or developer should respect another person's ideas even if it is a Foss community. He hasn't release the code yet nor a license. He provided a teaser of his skin with a few view that makes it unique. Know assuming someone has duplicated it without even asking.

Idk maybe I am wrong and I am sure someone will be glad to tell that I am.
Shield TV | Windows 10 | Mariadb | Mii Box
Evolve Ecosystem Repo | TV Melodies | Madnox Holiday Mod
(2019-05-19, 01:23)ontap Wrote:
(2019-05-19, 00:43)smitchell6879 Wrote: I assume someone has modded their skin with your shared views? That is the one thing I dislike with this forum/community and why I choose not to release my skin. Best advice if you have any unique idea is to keep it under warps until your ready to share, and be careful who you allow test as I have someone that were testing my stuff rip my whole idea into another skin mod as if it was theirs. People like that will ruin it for everyone as there is a lot of time that goes into designing and coding these projects and it sucks to see your hard work just appear in some else skin as if it was there original idea. But I guess that is the bitter sweet part of Open Source. Hope all is well and stay true, @djh_ your already famous on this forum so your work will still have an amazing launch when you release it.

THats the whole point of putting a a skin up on here surely , its for people to do with it whatvthey want , adapt it to how they want it ?
The skin isn't released and there isn't any statement saying it's creative commons or open source - so that means anyone copying the skin is essentially infringing the copyright of the author (djh).

There are many other reasons to share screenshots of your work. For instance, to get feedback about how your work is progressing or simply because you're proud of something that you've made as part of your hobby.

If I wrote a short story and shared it online for others to enjoy, that doesn't give you an implicit right to copy the plot, characters and dialog and then print it and hand it out to people and pretend it's your own work, even if you did it for free.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Fear not, the top-level settings are still the same as previously shown, they just open out into these more traditional panels for the larger sections and dialogs. All still seamless within the Home page environment.

The screensaver pulls either random or recent movies and uses additive parallax-scrolling artwork, starting with basic fanart and adding characters and logo when detected. Haven't hooked it up to playback functions yet, hence the placeholder text. The clock switches sides occasionally to prevent image retention.

The companion app is being developed in tandem with the skin going into testing (which isn't yet, btw). Aeon strongly favours the curation of local artwork over scraping - though that is the default - and uses a bespoke folder structure, so the app is a pretty important QoL factor. It'll support dragging and dropping of source images, auto-cropping and sizing, library management and MySQL integration.
(2019-05-31, 01:46)djh_ Wrote: The screensaver pulls either random or recent movies and uses additive parallax-scrolling artwork, starting with basic fanart and adding characters and logo when detected. Haven't hooked it up to playback functions yet, hence the placeholder text. The clock switches sides occasionally to prevent image retention.

The companion app is being developed in tandem with the skin going into testing (which isn't yet, btw). Aeon strongly favours the curation of local artwork over scraping - though that is the default - and uses a bespoke folder structure, so the app is a pretty important QoL factor. It'll support dragging and dropping of source images, auto-cropping and sizing, library management and MySQL integration.

This is simply stunning.
  • 25(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon 2 (Kodi Matrix/Leia/Krypton)30