• 26(current)
WIP Aeon 2 (Kodi Matrix/Leia/Krypton)
It is!
This really is impressive work! Looks absolutely fantastic.
Great work!
Quick status update.

Skin design is about 80% complete. The OSD is getting a redesign, there are a couple of bespoke screens to go in, and then a hefty but quite straightforward tutorial component, but in terms of a release candidate that's about it.

This does not mean the skin itself is 80%.

Once those last few bits are done, the whole thing is being rebuilt from the ground up with better documented and standardised code. You can imagine the amount of detritus that's built up over on-off years of doing this.

The animations and colour-changing stuff are much snappier and more polished than they were for the last video, and there are handy new features that make using the thing less painful.

When the skin is rebuilt, there'll be a further polish and optimisation pass done to ensure you can't break anything or hitch the animations when just tooling about with a remote/controller. There'll be a brief, private testing phase and then release.

Expect plenty of activity post-release. Should be fun. Might do another video later.
www: deadendthrills.com
follow on twitter for updates, etc: @deadendthrills
If you need help with testing I have an nvidia shield and a full spec pc (i7 8700k-32gb of ram) for 1080 and 4k testing(about 1400 movies catalog)
Quote:djh_: "I want to really cut down on the more perfunctory elements of modern media centres, especially in terms of metadata"
You've done an amazing job of this and it all looks incredible! I especially like that you've removed the more useless information such as ratings and so on. For me, the one thing I always keep my eye on though is the audio format. Being able to see at a glance if a movie I'm about to play has ATMOS or other advanced audio formats would be of great help, much more than 720p or 1080p or even worse aspect ratio lol

I can think of only three indicators required to denote the quality scale of the audio formats included in the movie. One dot if the movie contains 5.1 audio formats, two if it contains 7.1 or advanced HD audio formats, and three if it contains Atmos or DTS:X. If the movie only contains stereo audio then just leave all three dots blank/unfilled/or no dots at all.

- Stereo
•      - Dolby Digital 5.1 / AC3 / DTS
••    - Dolby Digital Plus / Dobly TrueHD / DTS-HD / DTS-Master HD 
•••   - Dolby Atmos / DTS:X / Auro-3D

It keeps it simple, minimalist, and you don't have to worry about format icons cluttering up the view (especially when most people don't even know what each format means and most files have multiple formats but only one listed in the Metadata).

Can't wait to start testing Aeon2 out once you release it (or post a beta)
(2019-06-03, 17:11)djh_ Wrote: Quick status update.

Skin design is about 80% complete. The OSD is getting a redesign, there are a couple of bespoke screens to go in, and then a hefty but quite straightforward tutorial component, but in terms of a release candidate that's about it.

This does not mean the skin itself is 80%.

Once those last few bits are done, the whole thing is being rebuilt from the ground up with better documented and standardised code. You can imagine the amount of detritus that's built up over on-off years of doing this.

The animations and colour-changing stuff are much snappier and more polished than they were for the last video, and there are handy new features that make using the thing less painful.

When the skin is rebuilt, there'll be a further polish and optimisation pass done to ensure you can't break anything or hitch the animations when just tooling about with a remote/controller. There'll be a brief, private testing phase and then release.

Expect plenty of activity post-release. Should be fun. Might do another video later.
I'm so glad to see that you're working on this. Really appreciate it. IMO this will set the bar skin wise. Such elegance and minimalism.
(2019-06-11, 21:43)Kallaide Wrote:
Quote:djh_: "I want to really cut down on the more perfunctory elements of modern media centres, especially in terms of metadata"
You've done an amazing job of this and it all looks incredible! I especially like that you've removed the more useless information such as ratings and so on. For me, the one thing I always keep my eye on though is the audio format. Being able to see at a glance if a movie I'm about to play has ATMOS or other advanced audio formats would be of great help, much more than 720p or 1080p or even worse aspect ratio lol

I can think of only three indicators required to denote the quality scale of the audio formats included in the movie. One dot if the movie contains 5.1 audio formats, two if it contains 7.1 or advanced HD audio formats, and three if it contains Atmos or DTS:X. If the movie only contains stereo audio then just leave all three dots blank/unfilled/or no dots at all.

- Stereo
•      - Dolby Digital 5.1 / AC3 / DTS
••    - Dolby Digital Plus / Dobly TrueHD / DTS-HD / DTS-Master HD 
•••   - Dolby Atmos / DTS:X / Auro-3D

It keeps it simple, minimalist, and you don't have to worry about format icons cluttering up the view (especially when most people don't even know what each format means and most files have multiple formats but only one listed in the Metadata).

Can't wait to start testing Aeon2 out once you release it (or post a beta)  

Audio flags are used in the movie info screen if that helps? I agree that they're useful - though what'd be really useful is if Kodi had a dialog for selecting audio stream at the start of playback, as I have a Sonos system which only does 5.1, and routinely have to switch channels at the start of movies. I could of course rip them without the Atmos streams, etc, but where's the future-proofing in that? I don't want audio flags in the uppermost browser, though, as they're not critical to selection. Resolution flags are because a lot of users, myself included, run numerous Kodi machines around a NAS with MySQL, and not all of those boxes can play 4K content.

The redesign of the OSD I'm doing hopes to merge the audio/video options and scrubbing sides of things into a seamless experience, but I'm anticipating some resistance from Kodi, as it likes to hog all the navigation buttons for playback controls.
I noticed that the thread title now contains 'Krypton'. Great news.

I'm stuck at Kodi 17.6 (because I use DSPlayer, that allows real 4K HDR on Windows, but which unfortunately won't work with Leia), so this makes my day. Big Grin
Yes, having wrestled with HDR myself I'm aware that latest - or indeed even recent - doesn't always equal best with Kodi. Lack of backwards compatibility isn't an option nowadays.
Good design if you need I have a Raspberry pi 3 With 18 kodi Libreelec to rotate the skin
Xioami Mi Stick - Kodi 18.8
Libreelec 9.2.X - Kodi 18.8
Raspberry Pi 3
i hope this will out on the end of the month
INTEL: Celeron - UHD 610 | KODI: 18.3
(2019-06-21, 19:55)3500 Wrote: i hope this will out on the end of the month

+1
(2019-06-21, 21:34)Hinkel Wrote:
(2019-06-21, 19:55)3500 Wrote: i hope this will out on the end of the month

Really ? Awesome

+1
This is the day of the month, is this the day we all waiting for?

i hope this is will be surprise
INTEL: Celeron - UHD 610 | KODI: 18.3
  • 26(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon 2 (Kodi Matrix/Leia/Krypton)30