• 29(current)
WIP Aeon 2 (Kodi Matrix/Leia/Krypton)
(2020-02-03, 11:56)djh_ Wrote: Apologies for the delay. Going to capture some stuff for an update today. Things are progressing.

Awesome! Been checking on this thread every day for i don't know how long.. Masterful work so far!
Yeah, it looks fantastic! This should get the default Kodi skin.

Is it possible that you show us some pics from the osd while playing videos? Smile

Sadly still no pvr menu entry to see... Sad

Best regards Hoppel
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi
(2020-02-03, 11:56)djh_ Wrote: Apologies for the delay. Going to capture some stuff for an update today. Things are progressing.

Great news!!! 
why don't you have a donation button?  Wink
Setup: LG OLED65B7 | Denon AVR X7200WA | OPPO UDP-203 4K Blu-Ray player | Nvidia Shield TV | KEF T205
My Favorite Skin: Arctic Horizon
Can't remember what's been posted before and don't have time to check, so apologies if you've seen any of this.

Some of the deeper settings panels. All still in the home page environment:

Parallax screensaver:

www: deadendthrills.com
follow on twitter for updates, etc: @deadendthrills
Fullscreen music playback (visualisation), will be heavily customisable. Seamless transition from music library browser.

Music player controls on home screen:

OSD for movies:

Thanks Duncan, as to be expected the screenshots look gorgeous.  The parallax screensaver in particular is a standout.

I'm really fascinated to hear more about the Aeon 2 companion app you mentioned in an earlier update.
Some bonus stuff from TV shows and Kids.

Looking stunning as usual!
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Whoa, very nice!
I expected nothing less. Pure beauty, consistency and minimalism boiled together to yet another sleek skin from the veteran skin designer. Companion app? First time i heard about something like that.
(2020-02-04, 12:40)pettson3816 Wrote: I expected nothing less. Pure beauty, consistency and minimalism boiled together to yet another sleek skin from the veteran skin designer. Companion app? First time i heard about something like that.

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2858039
The companion app is a post-launch project designed to assist with artwork management for people using the 'Aeon' scheme for such things. I strongly favour the approach of pulling images from folders where you can see changes in realtime and not have to battle Kodi's image cache all the time. It also opens the door to multiimage support across the whole skin. There are areas (such as album/song art) where even the Aeon scheme sticks with the Kodi method because it simply makes sense - and because case-sensitivity in Linux is a nightmare for string compares - but there are more areas where Kodi's handling of scraping vs local art is just a chore to deal with. Kodi's image scaling also sucks, so it looks like Aeon will always need separate local versions of artwork for the Now Playing widget and album previews. I do all that through ImageMagick and batch files at the moment, which in itself demonstrates the need for the app.

Of course, Aeon 2 also fully supports vanilla Kodi image handling and scraping if you're not quite so anal about image quality and curation.
(2020-02-04, 13:37)djh_ Wrote: if you're not quite so anal about image quality and curation.

And since Aeon 2 was announced I've been methodically culling and curating higher quality artwork for my video library in preparation for the release Smile
Some random snaps in lieu of a video, which I might do this evening.

• 29(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon 2 (Kodi Matrix/Leia/Krypton)30