• 34(current)
WIP Aeon 2 (Kodi Matrix/Leia/Krypton)
It's a bit more than advanced/expert menus. Pretty much the whole set of dialog menus - context, file browser, etc. - needs doing properly, which is a trial. Music playlists are integrated in such a way that I can't release anything until those are fixed, which means Python. I'm having to do a Python support library to patch the holes in Kodi's skinning engine and functionality - but that's good news because it means nothing will technically block the skin from being finished. The bookmarks OSD needs doing, settings need finalising, and then the whole thing needs refactoring.

You have to be careful with terms like beta, WIP, etc. The fact is the skin is either released or it's not, and any of kind of release is going to start modders off, feature requests, etc. If the foundation isn't solid then there's going to be a ton of firefighting for everyone involved. The point of a beta is to find out all the stuff you didn't know was broke, and there's a way to go before we get there. 

I did just upgrade my TV to a QLED, though, and trust me it'll be worth the wait. Native 4K@60 ftw. Just make sure you have a capable box like a Shield TV.

Will try and post another video today.
www: deadendthrills.com
follow on twitter for updates, etc: @deadendthrills
very nice and interesting skin... looking foward to be able to download it on my Shield!!! ;-)
(2020-10-14, 23:46)djh_ Wrote: - There won't be any PVR support upon release. I can't justify holding anything up to put in something I'd almost certainly never finish, and honestly don't even use. Someone can do a mod.

first. a very awesome skin. no need for anything else then minimalistic. let others mod the unnecessary stuff.
No PVR is kinda bummer. I do use my raspberry primarily for live-tv. but I´ll be patient and wait for all the good stuff that'll come
Any update on this new video ? Looking forward to seeing the progress

(2020-11-16, 11:23)djh_ Wrote: It's a bit more than advanced/expert menus. Pretty much the whole set of dialog menus - context, file browser, etc. - needs doing properly, which is a trial. Music playlists are integrated in such a way that I can't release anything until those are fixed, which means Python. I'm having to do a Python support library to patch the holes in Kodi's skinning engine and functionality - but that's good news because it means nothing will technically block the skin from being finished. The bookmarks OSD needs doing, settings need finalising, and then the whole thing needs refactoring.

You have to be careful with terms like beta, WIP, etc. The fact is the skin is either released or it's not, and any of kind of release is going to start modders off, feature requests, etc. If the foundation isn't solid then there's going to be a ton of firefighting for everyone involved. The point of a beta is to find out all the stuff you didn't know was broke, and there's a way to go before we get there. 

I did just upgrade my TV to a QLED, though, and trust me it'll be worth the wait. Native 4K@60 ftw. Just make sure you have a capable box like a Shield TV.

Will try and post another video today.
Thanks for the information update.
Take your time as much as you pleases

see you all in next year.
INTEL: Celeron - UHD 610 | KODI: 18.3
The Time Machine 1960 Trailer look it up Jules Burns liken lol
Hello, any news from this amazing skin? I check the thread every week looking for a new video, post or something that could tell me how the progress of this little beast is going on.
I'm a bit bored about the other skins and this one looks so different, fast and cool, that I'm super excited about it.

Thanks
(2021-02-01, 12:35)ferent Wrote: Hello, any news from this amazing skin? I check the thread every week looking for a new video, post or something that could tell me how the progress of this little beast is going on.
I'm a bit bored about the other skins and this one looks so different, fast and cool, that I'm super excited about it.

Thanks
Same here.. Smile
While djh never owes us anything, im kinda sure this will never be released, i will probably get quoted saying it will come, but the original thread was in 2016. Thats 5 years ago.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but yes. This seems pretty dead to me.
TV: UE55F8005
XBMC: Mac mini 2012 with windows 8.1
SOUND: Sonos playbar + Sonos Sub + 2x Rear Play: 3
(2021-03-04, 23:19)henrikyo Wrote: While djh never owes us anything, im kinda sure this will never be released, i will probably get quoted saying it will come, but the original thread was in 2016. Thats 5 years ago.

Thank you for crystal gazing and reporting the results here, that will surely motivate djh.
(2021-03-04, 23:19)henrikyo Wrote: While djh never owes us anything, im kinda sure this will never be released, i will probably get quoted saying it will come, but the original thread was in 2016. Thats 5 years ago.

You're right. This could have been the best skin ever made for Kodi. That's so sad. Maybe this was only a mockup and we got trolled over the last 5 years, I don't know what to think. Such a wasted opportunity...
(2021-03-07, 12:09)Zazamastro Wrote: You're right. This could have been the best skin ever made for Kodi. That's so sad. Maybe this was only a mockup and we got trolled over the last 5 years, I don't know what to think. Such a wasted opportunity...

Such a wasted post as are all the others who come here just to moan that something isn't finished yet!

Skins can take years and years to complete when you have real life to content with - think before you complain.
(2021-03-07, 12:52)Hitcher Wrote:
(2021-03-07, 12:09)Zazamastro Wrote: You're right. This could have been the best skin ever made for Kodi. That's so sad. Maybe this was only a mockup and we got trolled over the last 5 years, I don't know what to think. Such a wasted opportunity...

Such a wasted post as are all the others who come here just to moan that something isn't finished yet!

Skins can take years and years to complete when you have real life to content with - think before you complain.
This is not a complain, read, undestand and calm down.
(2021-03-07, 12:09)Zazamastro Wrote:

You're right. This could have been the best skin ever made for Kodi. That's so sad. Maybe this was only a mockup and we got trolled over the last 5 years, I don't know what to think. Such a wasted opportunity...

I you have watched the videos for this skin, you should know that this is everything but a mockup, is a working skin created from scratch and with lot of innovation that I'm pretty sure if it is been ever released if will set up a new way of creating skins and a lot of inspiration for other skinners.
(2020-10-14, 18:42)djh_ Wrote: Sorry for the scrappy video! (and nearly two full minutes of screensaver at the start)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwCdr9c7...e=youtu.be
That looks awesome!

I'm excited to see how it'll turn out. Keep up the good work!
  • 34(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon 2 (Kodi Matrix/Leia/Krypton)30