[split] New Kodi user questions
Gents... I am also a new user.

Looking at the adding_video_sources instructions, they work as advertised, but I am still unable to do what I need to here.

I have a directory with 215 subdirectories, and more than 10,000 pictures, under the normal user/my pictures directory. These are primarily just snapshots taken on vacation and various family events. But on occasion, I will switch to video, and take short videos during these events. As a result, there may be 50 or a 100 short videos hidden in all of these directories. I want to see these listed in Kodi under the video section.

In File Explorer, I can search by .avi or .mp4 and get lists of the videos. I don't want to copy them into their own directory, I don't want to double the amount of storage it takes.

But when I use the search function in the app, it does not want to search the subdirectories. As a result, it looks like it is going to be a big job to find all of the videos I have buried in these directories.

Any thoughts or hints for me about how to do this?
I you listed the answer. You would have to relocate the files in their own directory and add the source in file manager. If you would like to take it a step further you can create custom NFO files.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
I'm making an assumption that you are on a windows machine (?) If so, using this in your search bar without the quotes "*.*.mov" will tease out all of the QuickTime files, you can do that for all of the other file types by changing the search extension. It's just a matter of drag & drop into a new file folder that could be added to your sources. Another way of handling this, (assuming an applicable skin) is to go into your settings>pictures>file lists>show video files in listings; the videos should play. It should be possible to set-up a smart playlist to tease these out as well, but it would mean you would have to enter these into the library manually in some fashion.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[split] New Kodi user questions0