v16 Time dependent audio problem
Hi, does anyone know what would cause the audio stream to garble and die after about a half hour into the movie? I have the easy advanced settings add on enabled in kodi and I tried changing the audio settings in that and still the same problem. I went to System menu in kodi and have selected various options in the audio settings there , eg Optimized, Best Match stream or whatever it is and still the same problem. Like I say the stream goes down after about a half hour so to test this I started playing the movie at the 25 min mark and then it went past the sequence where the stream would die before BUT then a half hour later it dies again. So it is like predictable clockwork!

So does anyone know what would be linked to the time. I have error log turned on and all I see when this happens that might be related to this is:
CDVDClock:Big Griniscontinuity - CDVDPlayerAudio:: HandleSyncError2 was .... should be ...... error .....

Later on I see CDVDPlayer::CloseFile() and then audio stream terminates and it closes the audio device

I see when I play the movie that if you click the audio icon there is an item : "Audio stream Undetermined - Stereo (1/1)" It is disabled for me. How do you manipulate this?

I should say I set the cachemembuffer size to 0 so it is caching to my hd which has 317gb so there is plenty of space. I chged this to a value which then caches to RAM but it still the audio dies. I thought it might be a cache problem unless there is another cache involved.

I should say I am casting through chromecast and I thought this device was the problem first but then I cast a movie outside of kodi from an mp3 stream tab and it went beginning to end perfectly so I don't see how that can be the problem. Someone suggested to connect my laptop to my tv with an hdmi cable. What do you need to change in kodi to get the stream to go to a samsung smart tv?

Finally, how does this forum work? I wanted to post a thread to the tips, tricks and steps forum and I subscribed to that forum but when I hit "Post thread" it says I do not have permissions to post to that forum. And I tried to get an activation code sent to my email and that does not happen for some reason.

So you see I have lots of problems that I hope someone can provide a few answers to me. Thank you, Darryl
Welcome to the forum, and considering your posting you are in! Some areas will have to wait until your post count moves up and a bit of time has passed. Check the forum rules here.. http://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=109 pay particular attention of our banned add-ons and piracy rules.

re: your issue, this is a bit unusual. Fading out seems more hardware in nature, and given your description even more so. Discontinuity errors are usually not the cause, many attempts are made by Kodi to auto correct these and usually involves either a flooded system or one that is over taxed, and yup you saw the signal for the end.

I see when I play the movie that if you click the audio icon there is an item : "Audio stream Undetermined - Stereo (1/1)" It is disabled for me. How do you manipulate this? I never tried to manipulate this, it's in the form of a menu toggle if you have one or more languages or 5.1 vs. stereo.... I you have only one stream, it's ghosted in default.

suggested to connect my laptop to my tv with an hdmi cable. What do you need to change in kodi to get the stream to go to a samsung smart tv? Yup... pick up an HDMI cable, plug it into the many ports on the TV (look carefully or check the manual, the best port is the one marked PC the signal doesn't go through enhancement chips) you didn't mention what o/s you have running (windows, just hit the win+p to bring the screen switcher up) and hit the correct TV port on your remote... if the screen needs over-scan adjustments, settings in the PC graphics or TV should end that fright, this is basically putting the desktop over to the TV, then launch Kodi.
I should say I am casting through chromecast and I thought this device was the problem first but then I cast a movie outside of kodi from an mp3 stream tab and it went beginning to end perfectly so I don't see how that can be the problem. Someone suggested to connect my laptop to my tv with an hdmi cable. What do you need to change in kodi to get the stream to go to a samsung smart tv?

Most TV's have a PC function, which turns of the "flashy" stuff not needed when using TV as a Monitor.
Samsung TV's model 2015 and up have a PC mode option you can access from the Samsung TV OSD, they do not have a dedicated PC "HDMI"
But check you TV manual or the Samsung Website first just to make sure.

My Grundig TV has a "PC Mode" you prob need to turn over-scan off if your using Windows, or else the Desktop will prob be bigger then the TV.
I would also "personal opinion" NOT use the HDMI port if it has ARC, not sure if Samsung TV has that.

But check the Samsung Website for how to connect your TV, Linux is not supported on some or "all" TV from what i saw, which i find strange.
But check it out for yourself, best to read a lot before connecting even though Samsung TV's are plug and play better safe then sorry.

Thank You
English is not my native language; please excuse typing errors.
Grampa Simpson: Unfortunately, like all true stories, this one has a crappy ending. You have a story with an ending.
Grampa, are you sure you're okay to drive at night? Grampa: It's night?
Banned add-ons
Holy cow, finally!!! I thought i was the only one with this issue. I have searched Google high and low (at least i think i did...) and tonight while watching a movie it happend again and again. So i tried a search again and stumbled upon this thread.

Yes, i encounter the exact same issue. I go watch a movie and round and about 25 min into the movie there comes a stutter/ hickup in the audio. Start with a little stutter and start growing louder and louder. At first my solutions for this was to use Yatse on my phone tot reselect the same audio and then it was gone only to come back after another 25 min. Yatse made some changes in the UI which make it somewhat harder (or i just haven't found the right way yet) to select audiotrack. So now i just stop the movie and start it again en resume at the time I stopped it. As you can imagine not the nicest way to watch a movie.

What i found here and there on the web regarding this pointed towards the hardware i use, but i see bakenburn2 uses a completly different hardware setup. This i like because that would mean it's not to be sought in the hardware (I hope).

My setup is the following.

I run Kodi on a Intel NUC NUC5PPYH mini PC running on Windows 10. That NUC is connected by HDMI to my Sony HT-XT1 Soundplate. And that soundplate is connected to my Panasonic Plasma TV.

At the moment the soundsettings in Kodi are put back to standard so if anyone has some good advice about what this issue could cause and maybe could fix... my wife would be very greatfull...

Sidenote: I also use Kodi on my Packard Bell TJ65 laptop i never encountered this issue on that...
Really? We the only two people having this problem? On the same minute marker? Weird I tell you...
Later this week I'll give KODI 17 a try, maybe the problem magically disapeared Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Time dependent audio problem0