v17 [Beta 7] Problems with current Build
Hello,

since the current beta 7 there are some errors and feature requests in estouchy.

They are:

- "recently added movies" in main window aren't updated, movies -> sorted by newest is updated
- newest options from estaury v2 should be availible at estouchy (event log, file manager etc.)
- shutdown option should be configurable
- Sounds for selections would be nice

Thanks for help.

Greetings Siggi0904
(2016-12-29, 15:02)Siggi0904 Wrote: - "recently added movies" in main window aren't updated, movies -> sorted by newest is updated
not sure about this one.. if there's a problem with it, it's likely an issue in kodi, not the skin.

(2016-12-29, 15:02)Siggi0904 Wrote: - newest options from estaury v2 should be availible at estouchy (event log, file manager etc.)
eventlog: settings > system > logging > show event log
filemanager is accessible right from the homescreen, at the top of the main menu

(2016-12-29, 15:02)Siggi0904 Wrote: - shutdown option should be configurable
it is: settings > system > power saving > shutdown function

(2016-12-29, 15:02)Siggi0904 Wrote: - Sounds for selections would be nice
settings > system > audio > gui sounds
but i don't think kodi supports audible feedback for touchscreen selections
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2016-12-29, 16:05)ronie Wrote: not sure about this one.. if there's a problem with it, it's likely an issue in kodi, not the skin.
In Estaury all is fine, I think it's an estouchy problem.

(2016-12-29, 16:05)ronie Wrote: eventlog: settings > system > logging > show event log
filemanager is accessible right from the homescreen, at the top of the main menu
I know, but it should be the same like Estaury

(2016-12-29, 16:05)ronie Wrote: it is: settings > system > power saving > shutdown function
Ok, I will test. But it would be nice it would be shown a popup to select the method. (shutdown, reboot etc.)

(2016-12-29, 16:05)ronie Wrote: settings > system > audio > gui sounds
OK, can you check it. Is it different if the selection is from touch?

And new Point:
The Libreelec-Optios menu have to be added to the config window.
Like the Estaury skin from: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/Krypto...#L151-L156

Thanks for feedback.

Greetings Siggi0904
(2016-12-29, 16:19)Siggi0904 Wrote:
(2016-12-29, 16:05)ronie Wrote: not sure about this one.. if there's a problem with it, it's likely an issue in kodi, not the skin.
In Estaury all is fine, I think it's an estouchy problem.
both use different ways to fill the widgets. updating of the content is handled by kodi.
it's not something a skin can force to happen.

(2016-12-29, 16:05)ronie Wrote: eventlog: settings > system > logging > show event log
I know, but it should be the same like Estaury
why? you need to keep in mind that ther'es way less screen space in estouchy compared to non-touchscreen skins.
- estouchy needs to run on 4:3 screens (less space compared to 16:9)
- estouchy needs lage buttons, you you can put only so much buttons on a single screen.

(2016-12-29, 16:05)ronie Wrote: it is: settings > system > power saving > shutdown function
Ok, I will test. But it would be nice it would be shown a popup to select the method. (shutdown, reboot etc.)
the main goal of estouchy is to run as an app on a tablet/phone.
unlike when you run kodi as an appliance on a htpc, options like sleep, hibernate or reboot don't really make much sense on a tablet.

(2016-12-29, 16:05)ronie Wrote: settings > system > audio > gui sounds
OK, can you check it. Is it different if the selection is from touch?
i did when i created the skin. it didn't work ;-)

(2016-12-29, 16:19)Siggi0904 Wrote: And new Point:
The Libreelec-Optios menu have to be added to the config window.
Like the Estaury skin from: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/Krypto...#L151-L156

yup, the LE guys are working on it. will be added most likely in the next version.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2016-12-29, 23:35)ronie Wrote: both use different ways to fill the widgets. updating of the content is handled by kodi.
it's not something a skin can force to happen.
OK, the it will be fixed in the next version?

(2016-12-29, 23:35)ronie Wrote: why? you need to keep in mind that ther'es way less screen space in estouchy compared to non-touchscreen skins.
- estouchy needs to run on 4:3 screens (less space compared to 16:9)
- estouchy needs lage buttons, you you can put only so much buttons on a single screen.
I know what you mean. I'm running kodi at rpi2 with the official touchscreen from raspberry Raspberry Pi 7" Touch Screen LCD with 800 x 480 pixels. And here the buttons in the options menu can be 50% smaller. Then it will be enough space for the same buttons as Estaury.
Perhabs it will be possible.

(2016-12-29, 23:35)ronie Wrote: the main goal of estouchy is to run as an app on a tablet/phone.
unlike when you run kodi as an appliance on a htpc, options like sleep, hibernate or reboot don't really make much sense on a tablet.
If this is the aim of this skin, the shutdown have do be configured. At a tablet kodi should only be closed and not rebooted or shutdown.
So the configuration of this option should be added.

(2016-12-29, 23:35)ronie Wrote: i did when i created the skin. it didn't work ;-)
That means, I have only to enable the option and then touchsound will be availible?

(2016-12-29, 23:35)ronie Wrote: yup, the LE guys are working on it. will be added most likely in the next version.
Nice to know :-) then it will be in in the next version. :-)
(2016-12-29, 15:02)Siggi0904 Wrote: - "recently added movies" in main window aren't updated, movies -> sorted by newest is updated
- "recently added movies" is not sorted by date and time, it's alphabetical sorted
- newest options from estaury v2 should be availible at estouchy (event log, file manager etc.)
- The Libreelec-Optios menu have to be added to the config window.

These points still exists. Tested with Kodi RC3.
In point one, these "recently added movies" will be updated if I reinstall the skin.

And the Libreelec guys don't know about the open work on it.Big Grin

Greetings Siggi0904

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Beta 7] Problems with current Build0