Strange green line on hevc files
Hi,

i get an annoying green line on the button on most hevc files on 17 RC1. Didn't have this this on older builds i think before Beta 5.
I'm on a Nvidia shield TV. Is the problem on my side? VLC doesn't have the line.

watch gallery
Please find out which version had it first and post it in the Android subforum.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Thanks for the reply.

Disabling Mediacodec (surface) removes the green line. What are the drawbacks if i disable this option?
Does this mean the UI ist not hardware accelerated?

Edit:
All players are showing this line. Vlc, Plex. But it can't be the file. Every hevc file shows it. On my pc it doesn't happen. Didn't have this before, don't know what happened.
Looks like a graphics engine issue, if new drivers are not in the offing, you'll have to go with Disabling Mediacodec (surface) removes the green line.
It's on the shield TV. Let's see if the new firmware fixes it.
Latest update did not remove the green line
I guess that would be 5.02? no fix doesn't look good for the graphic engine (hardware). VLC doesn't have the line. We are talking about VLC on the Nvidia? Of coruse it's possible to use VLC as an external player even on the shield, but wouldn't think that is necessary. Debug log (wiki) possible might bring a few interested eyes into this?

I suggest an appeal over at the Nvidia forum to see what the consensus is.
I believe this has been happening for the last 2 firmware revisions. I think the OP and some us are referring to is the green line in the default Kodi player (it's in 16.1 stable from the store as well btw). I don't use VLC as an external player in Kodi. I will try get the debug log.
Bump, anyone figure this out?

I get this on my firetv4k and firetv 2nd gen stick using kodi 17.0.1. It seems to be prevalent on nonstandard resolution files, so not full 1080p. They work fine in MPC/VLC/Powerdvd 17
That's funny... I just assumed it was a bad HEVC encode. I've go the same issue on my LibreELEC Kodi install when I try to watch HEVC files....
(2017-09-22, 21:00)Usafle Wrote: That's funny... I just assumed it was a bad HEVC encode. I've go the same issue on my LibreELEC Kodi install when I try to watch HEVC files....

Can someone please post a sample? For LibreELEC, on AMLogic?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Strange green line on hevc files1