Bug 2D Playback from 3D SBS Source
Hi All,

I've been using kodi since it was first called XBMC on the original Xbox and it's been great. Since Kodi 16, the watching a 3D film in 2D hasn't worked on the Amazon Fire TV build. The GUI is fine but the videos still play 2 pictures sbs.

The only way I can get it to work is to turn off hardware acceleration and then within 10 mins the box overheats and shuts down.

Anyone else have this issue? I have just tried Kodi 17 RC2 and it behaves the same.

I used to work in Kodi 15 if that's any help

Cheers
It's the old adage if it's not broke don't fix it; I don't think anyone is going to think less of you if you move back to a legacy version of the software. You might consider novel ways of cooling the stick, like using it while ice fishing etc.
(2016-12-31, 02:30)PatK Wrote: It's the old adage if it's not broke don't fix it; I don't think anyone is going to think less of you if you move back to a legacy version of the software. You might consider novel ways of cooling the stick, like using it while ice fishing etc.

Lol! It's actually the 4k tv box thingy! Has no one else had this issue then? I quite liked the 3D to 2D option, saves encoding the the blu ray twice.

Cheers
I'm surprised Krypton works at all, but I guess you have Android 5+ putting these boxes to heavy effort can make them hot, and of course the hotter they are, the less efficient, the melt down, stumbling and stoppage. I don't think Kodi support hardware acceleration atm, some of the nightly builds do.

Suggestion: a legacy version of SPMC might be in the cards.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2D Playback from 3D SBS Source0