UPnP Remote Media Source no longer works in v17.0

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
blueribb Offline
In all previous versions this worked for me.

My Verizon FIOS DVR (Media Server) allows watching basic non-encrypted live TV channels through any network connected DNLA/UPnP device. In v17.0 RC1 & 2 the server is found and all channel numbers displayed but when PLAY is pressed, there is a spinning circle and then back to the channel chart. I deleted the video source and entered it again with no luck.

The above is on (2) Windows 10 Desktop computers.

My 2 Intel NUC's running OpenELEC 7.0 (Kodi 16.1) work properly with this UPnP source.

http://pastebin.com/GYSzVhSh

Edit: I installed 17.0 RC3 tonight and the problem still exists. It seems like it's trying to play a file rather than a video source.
Edit 2: I installed 17.0 RC4 today (Jan 27, 2017) and the problem still exists.
(This post was last modified: 2017-01-27 20:29 by blueribb.)
find quote
blueribb Offline
I updated both of my Intel NUC's from OE 7.0.1 to LE 8.0.1 (Kodi 17.1). When I select a video source (UPnP devices), the server is found, named and added successfully. All channel numbers and names are added too. When I select a channel, there is a round spinning wheel for a second or two and then it displays the channel guide again. Between Kodi 16 & 17, something was deleted or changed with respect to UPnP/DLNA playback. I posted the logs in the previous post showing the errors.

Anyone ?
find quote