Does OpenElec Support HD Audio Bitstreaming?
Hey guys!

Please forgive me if I've posted this in the wrong place but I'm looking for some help. I have an old Dell Inspiron 530 with a Core2Duo processor and what I'd like to know is
if I add a video card with hdmi 1.4 that supports Dolby TrueHD and DTS-MA output, will OpenElec be able to utilize this with my bluray ISOs to output HD Audio? Thanks again for all your support!

-Eddy
(2017-01-01, 08:53)efernandejr Wrote: Hey guys!

Please forgive me if I've posted this in the wrong place but I'm looking for some help. I have an old Dell Inspiron 530 with a Core2Duo processor and what I'd like to know is
if I add a video card with hdmi 1.4 that supports Dolby TrueHD and DTS-MA output, will OpenElec be able to utilize this with my bluray ISOs to output HD Audio? Thanks again for all your support!

-Eddy

Don't know about bluray isos but with mkvs, hd bitstreaming works. I used it on a chromebox as well as a kvm virtual machine with an amd 6450 gpu passed through

While you're at it, I'd recommend switching over to libreelec, which is more up to date
Answer: yes. Use an nvidia GT 610 or something or a GT 720
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2017-01-01, 09:58)fritsch Wrote: Answer: yes. Use an nvidia GT 610 or something or a GT 720

I was considering one of these two:

Option 1:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/380746318263?_tr...EBIDX%3AIT

Option 2:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/150906984091?_tr...EBIDX%3AIT

I'm going with the used eBay route. If they don't work, I can just return them but I've had pretty good luck with this in the past. What do you think?

Also, aptalca, thank you for your suggestion. I'm installing libreelec now to give it a shot. Basically, my machine has two 5.25" bays (I'm putting a 3D bluray drive in one), one 3.5" drive bay (I will use this for the system's main drive), and two vertically oriented 3.25" bays. I'm going to install 3x 3.25" drives. Probably 8TB. I currently have one 8TB external raid and I backup all my movies onto inexpensive WD external drives in case I lose my arrays.
Don't go with the 210 (first link). The second one has a fan, which might be noisy - take care.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2017-01-01, 18:58)fritsch Wrote: Don't go with the 210 (first link). The second one has a fan, which might be noisy - take care.

I'm not too worried about the noise since the equipment (amp, media pc, amazon fire, etc) won't be located in the theater room. Gotta love those Harmony Hub remotes. They REALLY open up your possibilities! Fan noise aside, that second one (the $40 one). That'll do the job alright? I mean, I currently have a HiMedia Q5 4K3D and it's great but it doesn't do forced subtitles. I figure if I can get the forced subtitle, 3d and hd audio support, I'll be good to go!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Does OpenElec Support HD Audio Bitstreaming?0