Win Is ADSP working with latest Krypton RC/nightly builds?
I have had no luck using any of the previously available ADSP add ons / modules in any of the recent Krypton builds of Kodi for Windows.

Is this expected?

Was it removed?

Thanks,

M
Is was removed until it's fully functional
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2017-01-01, 20:46)Martijn Wrote: Is was removed until it's fully functional

Thanks for the reply

I suspected that was a likely reason - but when I didn't see a pinned post here I figured I'd ask.

Thanks again and Happy New Year!

Mario

With v17 being officially released, was it asdp.freesurround put back in? I cannot find it, I see the "Audio DSP" enable option and have enabled it but when I go to "Audio DSP manager ... " it tells me I have none installed when I did before upgrading to v17, I looked in the add-ons section and couldn't seem to find them for download?

The release notes said nothing about it being removed so I am kind of annoyed considering I use it every day to ensure 2.0 audio gets mixed into my center speaker WITHOUT sending all the vocals and stuff to the rears.

I mean I'm literally wishing I could easily revert back to v16 because at least half the stuff I watch is 2.0 audio and missing that center speaker is ANNOYING.

EDIT: I ended up reinstalling 16 to a new folder named Kodi2 and used Backup to import my stuff and everything seems well ... I will wait for when 17 has freesurround, but how will I know? Am I to just keep following this subforum or will it be posted on the main blog?

I really truly appreciate your time and effort in this! Smile
(2017-02-06, 10:38)Ubel Wrote:

With v17 being officially released, was it asdp.freesurround put back in? I cannot find it, I see the "Audio DSP" enable option and have enabled it but when I go to "Audio DSP manager ... " it tells me I have none installed when I did before upgrading to v17, I looked in the add-ons section and couldn't seem to find them for download?

The release notes said nothing about it being removed so I am kind of annoyed considering I use it every day to ensure 2.0 audio gets mixed into my center speaker WITHOUT sending all the vocals and stuff to the rears.

I mean I'm literally wishing I could easily revert back to v16 because at least half the stuff I watch is 2.0 audio and missing that center speaker is ANNOYING.

EDIT: I ended up reinstalling 16 to a new folder named Kodi2 and used Backup to import my stuff and everything seems well ... I will wait for when 17 has freesurround, but how will I know? Am I to just keep following this subforum or will it be posted on the main blog?

I really truly appreciate your time and effort in this! Smile

For me the ADSP feature being removed wasn't as big an impact as it is to you and I am sure to be to countless others.

But I agree that it was a surprise to just have it vanish in a RC (release candidate build) after being there all along the development of Krypton and never mentioning that it was to be removed or even has been removed in any of the discussions and announcements that I read.

I think now that Kodi is rolling out updates automatically to users who install via the google play store and now the windows store that the developers maybe should be more mindful of the impact things like this can be to the unsuspecting user base.

Anyway - I have moved to Krypton and for the most part I am happy - but I am hopeful that the issues I have run into will be fixed in the next .1 or .2 maintenance releases.

I hope the ADSP modules return quickly or I'm sure this sub forum will be exploding with negative posts galore.

Happy Monday everyone!

Mario
(2017-02-06, 10:38)Ubel Wrote: I will wait for when 17 has freesurround, but how will I know? Am I to just keep following this subforum or will it be posted on the main blog?

I guess the best way is to follow this subforum and read my threads or follow my twitter account. I will share there news about AudioDSP when I rewrote some core parts of it.
Latest news about AudioDSP and my libraries is available on Twitter.

Developers can follow me on Github.
(2017-02-24, 07:10)wisler Wrote:
(2017-02-06, 10:38)Ubel Wrote: I will wait for when 17 has freesurround, but how will I know? Am I to just keep following this subforum or will it be posted on the main blog?

I guess the best way is to follow this subforum and read my threads or follow my twitter account. I will share there news about AudioDSP when I rewrote some core parts of it.

@wisler I know you personally didn't remove ADSP from Krypton but can you maybe shed some light on the what and why etc? It was in every build up until nearly the end of beta or early RC if I'm not mistaken.

Even looking at the official change log I don't see mention of its removal

http://kodi.wiki/view/Kodi_v17_(Krypton)_changelog

Regardless much thanks for your hard work on these modules and I am looking forward to its return

Mario
It's not fully true. I gave my ok to not ship AudioDSP add-ons with the final release. I guess someone forget to drop a note in the changelog.

The answer to your question is simple. It didn't worked well for on all platforms and I was very busy in the last few weeks. So I couldn't fix the issues and stay in sync with the release from the official Kodi version. I provided a PR with fixes, but it was to huge and risky to merge it during beta phase.

Now I started to rewrite core parts of AudioDSP and the fixes will be obsolete. I guess you missed my thread from yesterday, there you will find a detailed answer.
Latest news about AudioDSP and my libraries is available on Twitter.

Developers can follow me on Github.
(2017-02-24, 13:26)wisler Wrote: It's not fully true. I gave my ok to not ship AudioDSP add-ons with the final release. I guess someone forget to drop a note in the changelog.

The answer to your question is simple. It didn't worked well for on all platforms and I was very busy in the last few weeks. So I couldn't fix the issues and stay in sync with the release from the official Kodi version. I provided a PR with fixes, but it was to huge and risky to merge it during beta phase.

Now I started to rewrite core parts of AudioDSP and the fixes will be obsolete. I guess you missed my thread from yesterday, there you will find a detailed answer.

Thanks for the additional info/reference - and again want to say I appreciate your contribution to Kodi - Thanjks.

The loss of ADSP didn't impact myself personally like it did my brother in law who has a crazy (good) audio setup.

The auto update from google got him - thankfully I was able to download and side load Jarvis for him until the modules return.

-Mario

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is ADSP working with latest Krypton RC/nightly builds?1