Bug v17 can't access SMB shares from clean install.
I could not get the sc config command (or sc.exe in Powershell) to achieve the result I desired, so I resorted to two registry edits and a reboot.  See new steps below. Try this:
1. Run "tasklist /svc"
In the output, you should see something like this: Browser and LanmanServer running in their own svchost processes. *Sample output below is abbreviated for illustration purposes. You will see a longer list.Image Name                     PID Services
========================= ======== ==============
svchost.exe                   2772 LanmanServer
svchost.exe                   2868 Browser
2. Run these two commands to add the SvcHostSplitDisable registry value set to 1
REG ADD HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Browser /v SvcHostSplitDisable /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
REG ADD HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer /v SvcHostSplitDisable /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
This will reconfigure the Browser service to run in a shared svchost with LanmanServer like in previous versions of Windows.
(2017-03-09, 07:24)davedeluria Wrote: I have 2 android boxes w/ 16.1, 2 with 17.1 RC.

The jarvis boxes can connect to SMB without issues. It's only the 17.x boxes that I need to implicitly connect using IP addresses.

I think it's something about SMB version 1 and 2. jarvis might still be using SMB 1.
Here is your solution:
Open Kodi :
Homescreen --> Settings --> Services
On the left set it to at least “Advanced” view, “SMB client” will show up
Select “SMB client” (still on the left) and “Maximum protocol version” (on the right)
Now choose “SMBv1”
It will ask you to restart Kodi, say “Yes”
It will shot down Kodi.
Restart Kodi and you can now start using your Windows SMB Network.
(2020-04-15, 20:51)Jacek_123 Wrote:
(2017-03-09, 07:24)davedeluria Wrote: I have 2 android boxes w/ 16.1, 2 with 17.1 RC.

The jarvis boxes can connect to SMB without issues. It's only the 17.x boxes that I need to implicitly connect using IP addresses.

I think it's something about SMB version 1 and 2. jarvis might still be using SMB 1.
Here is your solution:
Open Kodi :
Select “SMB client” (still on the left) and “Maximum protocol version” (on the right)
Now choose “SMBv1”
It will shot down Kodi.

A one post wonder.  This fixed my problem.  I've had it on two android TVs.  Thanks  Jacek_123!!

Edit: This does not work with Kodi v19 (Matrix).  Set the Minimum and Maximum to SMBv1.  Then to avoid the log on requirement enable "Use Legacy Security".
(2020-07-22, 23:05)Landstander Wrote:
(2020-04-15, 20:51)Jacek_123 Wrote:

Here is your solution:
Open Kodi :
Now choose “SMBv1”
It will shot down Kodi.

A one post wonder.  This fixed my problem.  I've had it on two android TVs.  Thanks  Jacek_123!!

Edit: This does not work with Kodi v19 (Matrix).  Set the Minimum and Maximum to SMBv1.  Then to avoid the log on requirement enable "Use Legacy Security".

Forcing SMBv1 fixed it for me on the new Matrix release too. I'm not sure if I enabled "Use Legacy Security" though... probably.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
v17 can't access SMB shares from clean install.2