Heads up on Kodi 18 and Metropolis
Currently the helper script script.skinshorcuts doesn't work under the super early versions of Kodi 18, this means if you upgrade to it, you will lose all menus on the Metropolis home screen.
You will not be able to undo this easily. (Well unless you know how to move the "skin.metropolis" folder out of the addons folder via a samba share and restart Kodi.)
There is an extremely covoluted way to get any pre-made menus to work again under Kodi 18 sort of, but it is involved and still won't let you modify any of them.

All skins that use it are going to have to wait until the developer of that helper script changes some things around. You can read more about it here.

Metropolis is not supported under Kodi 18 yet anyway. This is just a heads up. (I know some of the users like to switch to the cutting edge really early so I just wanted to warn them.)

TLDR: If you use Metropolis (or any other skin with dynamic home menus) don't upgrade to Kodi 18 yet.
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
For the moment you can manually install the normal master of Skin Shortcuts - it contains basic support for Kodi 18. However, there's no guarantees there won't be further breaking changes to Kodi 18 before the v18 version of the script is ready, so if you do go to 18 be aware that the script may break at any time and - during the alpha's at least - fixing it may take a few days Smile
Soon
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/11306
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2017-01-02, 23:06)MacGyver Wrote: Currently the helper script script.skinshorcuts doesn't work under the super early versions of Kodi 18, this means if you upgrade to it, you will lose all menus on the Metropolis home screen.
You will not be able to undo this easily. (Well unless you know how to move the "skin.metropolis" folder out of the addons folder via a samba share and restart Kodi.)
There is an extremely covoluted way to get any pre-made menus to work again under Kodi 18 sort of, but it is involved and still won't let you modify any of them.

All skins that use it are going to have to wait until the developer of that helper script changes some things around. You can read more about it here.

Metropolis is not supported under Kodi 18 yet anyway. This is just a heads up. (I know some of the users like to switch to the cutting edge really early so I just wanted to warn them.)

TLDR: If you use Metropolis (or any other skin with dynamic home menus) don't upgrade to Kodi 18 yet.

Thanks for the heads up Smile
If you did happen to update to Kodi 18 and needed something to get you by, you can try this.
Follow the instructions and use at your own risk, but if you have problems with it don't post them here. You can msg if you want, I will try to respond sometime. Maybe.

I repeat, this is not official, so if you have problems with it don't post them here.

It's about 2000 lines of ugly quick fixes so beware.
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
(2017-02-13, 04:41)MacGyver Wrote: If you did happen to update to Kodi 18 and needed something to get you by, you can try this.
Follow the instructions and use at your own risk, but if you have problems with it don't post them here. You can msg if you want, I will try to respond sometime. Maybe.

I repeat, this is not official, so if you have problems with it don't post them here.

It's about 2000 lines of ugly quick fixes so beware.

I am going to wait a few months before I start using Kodi 18 but a huge thanks for getting the ball rolling on Kodi 18 support for Metropolis Smile
Hello! First of all thank you for this awesome skin. I like it very much!

Since the official release from kodi 18 is here i was wondering when an official release of metropolis will be available.

I am having a problem with the skin or with the syncing with trakt.

I have a TV show list on trakt wich I linked in the seren addon, it happens in other addons aswell. When I click to go to the list it shows me with a check what shows I have seen. But as soon as I click on a TV show and click backspace the check disappears.
If you are currently using Kodi 18, try uninstalling any existing Metropolis versions you might have and try installing the one at the top of this thread.

If there are any issues after that, please post screenshots along with a description of the problem and we'll see what we can do to fix them while Metropolis is still in beta..

I'm not sure what the timeline on jingai getting an official version out, but I'm sure he will when he can.
So i have uninstalled the metropolis skin and reset kodi to default. Just to be sure. I'm starting to think this isn't a skin problem since it happens with the default skin too and also with other video apps. Yet i will explain maybe you or anyone else knows a solution.

I have kodi 18 official release installed and i open the video app called Seren. I click on My Shows -> My Show List -> Currently watching (Currently Watching is the list i created on trakt.tv to keep track of the shows i'm watching now) The first picture shows how i see it the first time and how it should be. As soon as i click on any tv show to enter the seasons and i click back to see another show the checks have suddenly disappeared as you see on the second picture.

As you can read i have reinstalled kodi, so i also have relinked my trakt account. Im not sure what else i can do to fix this. I hope you have an idea?

ImageImage
By the way i am using an Nvidia Shield.
I don't use any apps but it sounds like the one you use either doesn't have access to the Kodi database or doesn't have write permissions to the location it must be trying to save its own "database" or settings.  It also could be that it doesn't just work 100% correctly yet with Kodi 18. 
But if it doesn't work in the default skin it definitely ins't the skin.  I would ask the app devs in their forum or at least the Kodi devs.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Heads up on Kodi 18 and Metropolis0