v17 Are these errors in log generated by Kodi
Hi,

Getting some music related 'warnings' in my logfile and can't really id them and asking if they are created by Kodi itself or if not if anyone might know what is creating these warnings:

An example:

10:12:46.308 T:12988 WARNING: Invalid media type "album/compilation"
10:12:46.322 T:12988 WARNING: Invalid media type "album/remix"
10:12:46.326 T:7320 WARNING: Invalid media type "single"
10:12:46.329 T:14656 WARNING: Previous line repeats 1 times.
10:12:46.329 T:14656 WARNING: Invalid media type "album/soundtrack"
10:12:46.330 T:852 WARNING: Invalid media type "album/compilation"

Regards,

Mike.
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
it's from an addon that tries to set invalid media types.
perhaps you can refer the addon dev to: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=299107
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thanks ronie, now just to hunt down the add-on to inform the dev
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
Mike when you find them they may want to know that the album table, has two slightly confusingly names fields:
a) strType - this could contain anything. It is populated from both music file tags (new to v17) and scraped from NFO files and maybe online, but as far as Kodi knows it is just arbitary text. Returned in the "Album_type" listitem and music player property

b) strReleaseType - this is an internal codification of album into "album" or "single" (for the fake album used for all singles by an artist). It will contain either "album" or "single", and can only be edited by Kodi when music files are scanned into the library. Returned in the "album_releasetype" listitem and music player property

The values in the log are clearly from strType, probably having been picked up by v17 from scanning music files tagged using Picard. It would seem the addon is then trying to use these as a media type.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Are these errors in log generated by Kodi0