No passthru on live TV with Krypton
Hi

I have no passthru sound on live TV with Kodi 17 - Krypton and plugin NextPVR 2.4.10. I have tested with windows 10 configuration (beta 5-6-7 and rc 1-2) and libreelec config (beta 6-7). It's ok on Kodi 16.1 with plugin NextPVR 1.12.16.

Do you have idea?
I'm not even sure what you're asking about. Do you mean AC3 audio pass through, from a soundcard to an amplifier? If so, this is a general Kodi thing, rather that something the NextPVR addon will have any control over so try asking in the general forum http://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59. There is more likely to be eyeballs there which are familiar with this type of issue, and able to help you out.
My passthru config is ok with all others video files, dvd or bluray and with AC3 and DTS audio format. If i play a tv program recorded with NextPVR, the passthru is good. This condition is only with live TV.
Thanks
As I said above - this isn't the type of thing the NextPVR addon has any control over. It'll be something in Kodi itself - you'd be better off asking in the general forum where there is more likely to be someone familiar with Kodi passthrough issues, and will hopefully be able to look at your kodi.log (which you should post), and tell you why the pass through isn't working.
Passthrough on livetv is disabled in krypton.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
How can i active passthrough for live tv?

Thanks
You can't.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Is this likely to ever be enabled once a stable version is reached?
No, the move was deliberate by the devs. What are you playing via? HDMI or spdif?
Thanks for the response, I'm using HDMI (Wasapi/Win10) out to a Pioneer AVR. All other audio is fine, just noticed that the HD channels we have here weren't coming thru as DD on Live TV or recordings. Will live it with it I guess, bit disappointing as we've only just started getting HD channels in Aus and currently using Kodi as primary interface for Live TV.
Any reason why not only is passthrough disabled, it's unavailable (i.e., can't be enabled)? Seems like an odd feature to remove (but I'm no developer).
It is not unavailable. Passthrough still works and is available for everything but LiveTV. This assumes of course that you have suitable hardware, and have expert settings level enabled.
(2017-01-08, 06:03)brainfryd Wrote: Thanks for the response, I'm using HDMI (Wasapi/Win10) out to a Pioneer AVR. All other audio is fine, just noticed that the HD channels we have here weren't coming thru as DD on Live TV or recordings. Will live it with it I guess, bit disappointing as we've only just started getting HD channels in Aus and currently using Kodi as primary interface for Live TV.
You will still get PCM 5.1 audio, and you won't notice any difference between that and passed through ac3/dd.
(2017-02-09, 21:31)nickr Wrote:
(2017-01-08, 06:03)brainfryd Wrote: Thanks for the response, I'm using HDMI (Wasapi/Win10) out to a Pioneer AVR. All other audio is fine, just noticed that the HD channels we have here weren't coming thru as DD on Live TV or recordings. Will live it with it I guess, bit disappointing as we've only just started getting HD channels in Aus and currently using Kodi as primary interface for Live TV.
You will still get PCM 5.1 audio, and you won't notice any difference between that and passed through ac3/dd.

Yeah i guess so... its just a 'head' thing not seeing the display change on the receiver. thanks for the responses ... sorry i so slack in coming back to you
My AVR is behind a cupboard door, so I never see those lights.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No passthru on live TV with Krypton0