Sub-Menus
Hello everybody Smile

In my menu I have head menu points like "Movies", "Live-TV" or "Sports". Now in the sub menu of "Sports" I have for example my Sky Add-on or the Red-Bull Wintersports Add-on.
In conclusion:
Movies -------------------------------- Live-TV ----------- Sports------------------------------- etc.
...Library..etc.. etc.... ------------------------------------------Sky........Red Bull....

Each of my "head menu points" is connected with a different picture. My question is: Is it also possible to connect the sub menu points with a defined picture? So when I'm on "Sports" with the cursor the predefined picture is shown. When I switch down to the "Red-Bull" sub menu add-on the picture should switch to a predefined picture with a snowboarder and a mountain.. hope it's clear what I mean.

Can somebody tell me if this is possible? Would be very nice when somebody could help Smile Thank you very much!

Kind regards,
Malou
Thanks for pointing this out, I guess I've never tried assigning a background to a submenu item. Just pushed a fix to github, backgrounds you assign to submenu items in the menu customizer should now be displayed on the home screen.
Thank you very much for your quick response. Will try it now and 'll give a feedback.

Thanks again! Smile

Regards,
Malou
Hey again,

just tried it, but unfortunately it doesn't work. Do I first have to update the skin? If this is the point, how can I do this?

I just saw that you changed some files in your github folder (the variables-file for example..). I'm using kodi on a raspberry pi and I'm not quite sure how to update the skin. On a pc this would not be a big thing, but I'm still a bit new to kodi. So hope you can help, thanks again Smile

Kind regards,
Malou
Yes, you'll need to update the skin from github. Download from the link below and then "Install from zip file" in the addon browser. Should be pretty straight-forward as long as you can save the zip to a location that you can browse to from within Kodi.

https://github.com/braz96/skin.mimic/archive/master.zip
Thanks for your respond again Smile

When I update the skin, will it overwrite my current settings?

So I added the .zip-file to my raspberry, installed it with "install from zip file".. but nothing changed so far..

Regards,
Malou
I'm not sure what else to tell you, you might just have to wait until the latest version makes it to the Kodi repo.

You set backgrounds for your submenu items in the menu customizer, right?

Also, you must be running Kodi 17 and have Mimic 5 installed.
I'm using Kodi 16, therefore a older Mimic Version is installed, too.
Ah, not sure I'll make this change for Mimic 3, I'm primarily focused on v5.
So the only possibility is to update kodi to the newest version and reinstall the mimic skin?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sub-Menus0