Cannot scrape Russian series
Hi,

I am using OSMC with the language settings as English (UK). All English shows scrape correctly and even foreign films - Der Untergang (2004)

I have a Russian TV series which is available on thetvdb as Котёнок по имени Гав. As such, I have named the folder 'Котёнок по имени Гав (1976)' with episode naming using the conventional single series format 'E01.avi' etc

The scrapper however seems to struggle to find this entry in the database. I'm pretty sure the Cyrillic characters are the issue. So I tried the translation of 'Kotenok po imeni Gav (1976)' which also returns the same entry in the database but yet it too does not seem to work. The English translation 'A Kitten named Woof (1976)' returns nothing on thetvdb however.

This is the only series I am having an issue with.
Ok, with the latest version of OSMC (Kodi 17) The TV show is now scraped (as Kotenok po imeni Gav) and is listed in TV shows but when I choose the series, there are no episodes listed inside. When I exit back to TV shows the show disappears from the list. If I exit back to the main menu and go back into TV series, it is listed there again.

Any ideas what is causing this? Do the episodes need named in their Russian equivalents?
This can be marked as solved, S1E01 labeling did the trick.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot scrape Russian series0