v17 Video Playback Stuttering w/Deinterlace Unknown
I have had a video playback stutter ever since Kodi 17 came out. I have tried numerous builds, but they all exhibit the same stuttering playback. It appears that the problem may be related to hardware acceleration and deinterlacing. I have tried just about every setting and the only settings that prevent the stutter is disabling DXVA2 and run pure software mode. However, as everyone knows, that puts my CPU usage very high. When DXVA2 is enabled, everything appears to look good on the status screen but the deinterlace method is 'unknown'. It is correctly identified in software mode.

I do not have this problem with any version of Kodi before 17.

I am running Kodi on an older HTPC, windows 10, Intel Graphics. I get the following log messages when I start playback of any files:

11:08:42.598 T:6092 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(player):Tongueut MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED
11:08:42.598 T:6092 ERROR: DXVA::CProcessorHD::IsFormatSupported: Unsupported format 104 for 1.
11:08:42.598 T:6092 ERROR: DXVA::CProcessorHD::IsFormatSupported: Unsupported format 105 for 1.
please provide a full debug log (wiki) via pastebin.com
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
https://paste.ubuntu.com/23747176/
Got the same thing with kodi 18 nightly

Code:
18:17:11.576 T:5692 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(player)::Put MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED
18:17:11.577 T:5692   ERROR: DXVA::CProcessorHD::IsFormatSupported: Unsupported format 105 for 1.

Debug log: http://pastebin.ca/3753512
Moanbag is in da place!
ERROR: DXVA::CProcessorHD::IsFormatSupported

is incorrectly flagged as error. It just checks for those formats:

DXGI_FORMAT_P010 = 104,
DXGI_FORMAT_P016 = 105,
(2017-01-05, 19:49)FernetMenta Wrote: ERROR: DXVA::CProcessorHD::IsFormatSupported

is incorrectly flagged as error. It just checks for those formats:

DXGI_FORMAT_P010 = 104,
DXGI_FORMAT_P016 = 105,

So just a misleading flag...

While you arre here: does kodi use dxva2 native or dxva2 copy-back
Moanbag is in da place!
By default is does native. Means it forces DXVA rendering if you enable dxva for decoding. There is an advanced setting that disables "force rendering method". Then you can select pixel shaders as render method. The result is that Kodi copies the content of the dxva video surface to memory used by the PS render method.
(2017-01-05, 20:31)FernetMenta Wrote: By default is does native. Means it forces DXVA rendering if you enable dxva for decoding. There is an advanced setting that disables "force rendering method". Then you can select pixel shaders as render method. The result is that Kodi copies the content of the dxva video surface to memory used by the PS render method.

Thanks!

Was just ask this because I saw that copy back could have been the source of stuttering that some people have
Moanbag is in da place!
Hmm... Well, I just assumed it may be related since I don't really see anything else saying that there is an error. Not that I really know what I am looking at anyway.
Hi I have no experience with debug log files at all but just wanted to give some feed back on Krypton RC on windows 7 I have a AMD 64 x Dual 5200+ 2,70Ghz 4Gb ram no issues in the other versions, but in this the video is very stuttering..... also my IMON manager keeps crashing as soon as I start up kodi.

On my Matricom 2 android box theres also issues, often movies freezing , issues with playing Dolby digital konstant sound dropouts.
Sorry I dont know to do the log files.. I hope this could help a bit. Great work...
Debug Log <- read - android issues are offtopic here. Won't get better for v17 anyways.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2017-01-05, 20:31)FernetMenta Wrote: By default is does native. Means it forces DXVA rendering if you enable dxva for decoding. There is an advanced setting that disables "force rendering method". Then you can select pixel shaders as render method. The result is that Kodi copies the content of the dxva video surface to memory used by the PS render method.
 Hey @FernetMenta ,

any news on this?
I have tried several things but get cherky playback with DXVA enabled on SD content.
Here is the thread: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2690994

Update!
I have solved the issue. It was the plugin "script.kodi.hue.ambilight" which causes the issues. 
After Deactivating the plugin all was fine.
Sorry for hijacking this thread!

Thx
pOpY
Thanks for the update.
When I'll have you here I'll must ask another question [emoji3]

It seems that dxva deinterlacing doesnt work good. When I'll switch to sd channel n24, the video settings states - deinterlacing with dxva. When I'll press O it states unknown.

Deinterlacing seems to work "sometimes".
That means the ticker (Laufschrift) switches between deinterlaced (I can read it) to interlaced (I can't read it) back am forth.

This doesn't happen on software decode.
Also the deinterlace quality, if it works, is very bad.

Any hints on this issue?
Should ill post a new debug log?

Thx pOpY
(2018-01-14, 09:22)popy Wrote: When I'll have you here I'll must ask another question [emoji3]

It seems that dxva deinterlacing doesnt work good. When I'll switch to sd channel n24, the video settings states - deinterlacing with dxva. When I'll press O it states unknown.

DXVA does deinterlacing at render stage and this stage does  currently has no means to update deint method shown on player debug screen. Means "unknown" in this case is meaningless.

@afedchin can you answer the other questions?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Playback Stuttering w/Deinterlace Unknown0