Videos launched from Library/Titles view stutter, others don't
When I launch a video from the Library mode after browsing to it via "Titles" the video playback will stutter. It will pause briefly every second or so, and is most noticeable in a panning shot.

If I launch the same video with library mode turned off, or even the same video from the "Recently Added" section of the Library it plays back fine.

The other thing that is a little strange is that if the screen saver starts while I'm sitting on the "Titles" list in Library mode (that is, I'm browsing my entire video collection in Library mode) even the screen saver stutters.

I have tried using "Clean up library" in settings, which didn't work. I do not have any of the automatic scan/add to library type options turned on.

I believe this is a problem with the library growing past a certain size (or possibly a corrupt db on my end, I guess) because reverting to an older SVN build did not resolve the issue.

Any input, as always, would be much appreciated Smile
I tried erasing UserData/Database/*.db and then running an automated scan. After it had re-added all the files to the Library the problem returned.

I removed the db's a second time and added a single file to the library and it played back fine after browsing through Library/Titles.

This is looking more and more like an issue with very large libraries.
Just wondering, what happens if you play the video from the library, but go back to the library (while the video is playing), and turning off library mode. Does it get better? Perhaps Library mode is doing something in the background?
EvilDude Wrote:Just wondering, what happens if you play the video from the library, but go back to the library (while the video is playing), and turning off library mode. Does it get better? Perhaps Library mode is doing something in the background?

In this situation playback still stutters.
I too am having this problem.
Did anyone find out more about this? I have the latest build, and this problem is kind of annoying. I have around 130 titles in the library, and by setting library mode, everything stutters every second or so. When turning it off again, the stuttering disappear.
I'm gonna go on a limb and say you don't have a dvd drive? Or really any optical drive at all?

The problem stems from the dvd dection stuff not detecting your drive and having the library update due to that. Anyhow jmarshall commited a temporary fix in 12213 and it works for me no more stuttering while playing. So give that a try
bripeace Wrote:I'm gonna go on a limb and say you don't have a dvd drive? Or really any optical drive at all?

The problem stems from the dvd dection stuff not detecting your drive and having the library update due to that. Anyhow jmarshall commited a temporary fix in 12213 and it works for me no more stuttering while playing. So give that a try

You are absolutely right, I don't have an optical drive of any sort. This is great news, I'm checking out the latest SVN now to try it out. I really appreciate all the effort that went into troubleshooting/fixing this. Smile
I don't have a dvd drive as well and was seeing this behaviour... will retry the library tonight Smile

Cheers,
xgrep
return null;

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Videos launched from Library/Titles view stutter, others don't0