OS X Memory setting
Hello, I have 20GB of ram on my machine. Curious if any benefit to giving Tmm more than 1280 in the settings.

Thanks.

Great App btw making the transition from ViMM as we speak.

I also donated Smile
Intel NUC Haswell I3
Nvidia Shield
LibreECEC
Kodi - Leia
As far as I know, you only need to give it what it needs. It is dependant more on the size of your library, you might need to increase beyond the default if you have a large library and tMM runs slow. Otherwise, I suspect you are just assigning memory to no purpose.
Thanks, I have a very large tv library over 1600 shows.

Smooth transition so far.
Intel NUC Haswell I3
Nvidia Shield
LibreECEC
Kodi - Leia
1600 shows or episodes? (1600 shows would be ~ 100k episodes..)

my large testbed (~500 movies, ~180 shows with 13k episodes) needs about 300mb and works well with the standard memory setting of 512mb

on the bottom line of tmm there is the current memory consumption displayed.
If you follow the consumption for a while you see the consumption grows and shrinks. Directly after it shrunk it will display the minimum of memory your DB uses. (our you have a look excatly after tmm has been started - that values is most of the time near the minimum needed size)
there should be "enough" room to your max memory size (min should not be over 75% of your max), or Java has to call the garbage collector too often (performance descrease).

please increase the memory setting only if there is not enough buffer to the max size and do not increase it too much (that only causes problems at startup)
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
This is it at idle with max memory.

Intel NUC Haswell I3
Nvidia Shield
LibreECEC
Kodi - Leia
in this case you should switch to an 64 bit java where you can increase the memory further Wink
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Ok thanks, I'll do that when I get home. Based on my library size how much would you recamend for total?i

The most recent java build that's 64 bit for OSX is correct?

Not any different veersions you recamend for OSX?

Lastly any settings within the java control panel I should change?
Intel NUC Haswell I3
Nvidia Shield
LibreECEC
Kodi - Leia
this is my current version:
java version "1.7.0_45"
Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_45-b18)
Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.45-b08, mixed mode)

In TMM the max Memory I can use is 1536mb...

do i need a different version of java to be able to increase this setting?

thanks
Intel NUC Haswell I3
Nvidia Shield
LibreECEC
Kodi - Leia
okay, just see it..
we've maxed that out for 32bit java since there were too much users which increased that too far and tmm refused working..

I'll change that in the next version (that 64 bit users may increase that further)
(2017-01-07, 10:58)mlaggner Wrote: okay, just see it..
we've maxed that out for 32bit java since there were too much users which increased that too far and tmm refused working..

I'll change that in the next version (that 64 bit users may increase that further)

Thanks Smile
Intel NUC Haswell I3
Nvidia Shield
LibreECEC
Kodi - Leia

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Memory setting0