No Sound On Some Recordings
I'm seeing issues where some shows have no audio when played back in WMC PVR on my Amazon Fire TV. I can play them directly from from WMC on my Windows 7 machine and the audio is fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Imnee
Are these live shows or recorded shows?
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
This only happens on the recordings, live TV always has sound. Is this possibly something that was resolved in 1236 or a build right before 1236? I ask because I updated to 1236 recently and now I'm not seen the issue. I just went through the last 30 or 40 recordings and the sound was spot on.

Imnee
I don't think so, because when you play recordings, serverwmc isn't really doing much - it is just telling kodi the path to the wtv files and then kodi plays the file itself. So the serverwmc version shouldn't be making a difference on saved recordings. However if you configured serverwmc in a non-standard way, it could have an effect. To check this, look at the debug tab in serverwmc and make sure 'Remux the playback of all wtv files' is NOT checked.
I checked and Remux the playback of all wtv files' is NOT checked. The audio is fine once again on all recordings today, I'll just have to monitor things, sounds like whatever it was is not related to ServerWMC.
I wanted to do a quick update on this topic. The issue with sound looks like it's due to a change in Krypton. I have a custom keymap loaded that allows me to change volume (amplification) using the amazon fireTV remote. It looks like when using this in Krypton it sometimes toggles the audio stream to Spanish and then there is no sound. Manually changing the stream back to Eng turns the sound back on.......
Thanks for following up.
Just experience something similar but confusing. I've got no audio on two recently recorded programs when trying to play on two different Kodi clients. They play ok when viewed on the WMC server. And except for these two programs. the rest of the recorded content plays ok on the kodi clients. The only difference I note is that these programs (two different episodes) have a similar title to another program for which there are multiple episodes. In WMC they're all grouped together and in Kodi they are distinguished. Wouldn't think that would cause an audio problem. Any suggestions about where to look first? Would a log file show what is happening in this situation? I'm getting better I think at creating them.
Just want back comparing files and have noted that on the two offending files that the information ( SD, 2.0, etc) appearing on the screen I think shows that it is set for SP (spanish audio). On the files for which there is audio this appears as ENG. Now to find where this is controlled and how to change it.
Set default to English default in Settings Video playback. Don't know how the files got tagged "incorrectly"

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No Sound On Some Recordings0