• 10(current)
Release Omni 1.x for Krypton
I'll take a look, but this may only get fixed for the Leia version of the skin. I don't have Krypton installed and the new Omni has some major changes, especially to the home screen.
(2018-01-30, 21:34)Tarkus_ Wrote: Big Mimic fan, and recently started using Omni.  Looks real good so far, albeit with a couple issues.

I get no watched status in YouTube's List view mode, though it's there in Wall view mode.  This is a big one for me, as I only like YouTube in List mode, and I feel lost without seeing the watched status indicators.
You sure this isn't an issue with the YouTube plugin? The official plugin doesn't support watch status in list view, AFAIK—it's one of the advantages of running the "unofficial" version available on the YouTube Add-on Repository. With that unofficial version, with Omni, and in both Wall and List view, I get watched indicators. I just confirmed it. Try the unofficial version. More info on the repository here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=325740
(2018-01-30, 22:02)zang Wrote: You sure this isn't an issue with the YouTube plugin? The official plugin doesn't support watch status in list view, AFAIK—it's one of the advantages of running the "unofficial" version available on the YouTube Add-on Repository. With that unofficial version, with Omni, and in both Wall and List view, I get watched indicators. I just confirmed it. Try the unofficial version. More info on the repository here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=325740 
 Both Estuary and Mimic show watched status in list view with the official YouTube addon, but not Omni.  However, I took your advice and installed the unofficial version, and now get watched status in list view using Omni.  Thanks for your input!
Thumbs Up 
Omni is by far the best Kodi theme I've encountered so far. There is nothing annoying about it. And that's a big statement, comparing it to every other theme I've tried, which have garish backgrounds, pointless animations, and confusing navigation. Thank you.

Is there a way to get a list of movie tags? I couldn't find anything like that in the customization options.

I'm new to Kodi so sorry if this is an obvious beginner question.
(2018-02-17, 01:35)xefned Wrote: Is there a way to get a list of movie tags? I couldn't find anything like that in the customization options.

I have determined it is not possible to select movies by tags using the Omni skin. You will have to make due with Genres and Sets.
Should be like any other skin, browse the tags node in the video library. Will see about adding a submenu item for 2.x.
Hello @braz,

mimic is my favorite skin actually, but as the text layer for description is too tiny in EPG I thought about switching to omni which provides much better readability in guide.
When watching Live TV and want to open guide, there is always the menu bar visible, what is not a problem, but the menu is active all the time. That's annoying. So I've always have to press right to activate guide view first for scrolling through it. Is there a way to change this, so that guide itself is active when it is started?

Regards
Hi,

Been using Mimic and tried this, much better but lacks the views I use alot, such as InfoWall & Gallery, are these views available in the v18 version? if not will they ever be?

I'll go back to mimic in the meantime. Thanks for the best skins!!
@braz 

I love Omni, and the fact that with this skin. No matter window you're in. You can activate another one immediately without exiting to the home screen. It's very convenient.

I was wondering.

Is there any way you can make it that when browsing tv shows using list view. You can display the network icon of your shows (Netflix, HBO, AMC etc), instead of the smaller cover art (located on the left of the name of every show in list view)? Or when browsing movies, the Studio logo is displayed instead?

I figured since the cover art is already on the right, and it's big. There's no point in showing it again on the left, small.

Thanks Smile
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Omni 1.x for Krypton4