Kodi 17 + 3D Movie + LG 55" TV
I've read through some threads regarding Kodi and 3D movies even on an LG TV...

I'm using a Nexbox A1 fully current and the latest Kodi 17 release candidate. I'm playing movie files in 3D format on my LG TV (55LA6900-UD).

Playing regular movies appears to be fine (not as touchy I guess) but playing a 3D movie (either OU or SBS), when I enable the 3D on my TV, the two images are not lined up and are out of whack by like a couple of inches.

The kids wanted to watch a 3D movie and that was my first test and it was like this. Strangely enough, if you stare at it long enough your brain will line the images up until you look away... Confused

Anyway, after that I tried several troubleshooting items:
I can play the same movie from VLC (outside of Kodi) and the two images are lined up perfectly when I turn on the TV's 3D mode.
I tried leaving all the video calibration settings at zero and changing the TV display mode (just, zoom, etc...) No change.
I tried using the video calibration in Kodi to get the screen correct but still no change.
At no point or Kodi configuration did changing the TV display settings help. However, in some cases (with zeroed out video calibration) the TV couldn't even figure out which 3D mode it was being displayed in (OU or SBS).
One thing that did seem to help was the setting to minimise the black bars. At maximum setting (20%) the image out-of-whack was cut in half (an inch instead of 2 inches). But that's the highest you can set that setting.

One thing I am considering trying is going back to Kodi 16.1 and seeing if that helps at all. The only reason I went to Kodi 17 was to resolve bluetooth headphone issues I was having with Kodi 16.

Anyone have any links, experience or suggestions that might help?

Thanks!

-TimG
None with krypton, but a couple of tips: don't use any scaling with 3d. That includes calibration, minimising black bars etc.

LG - always use 'just scan'.

I know you have probably covered these off, but do check all calibration and scaling is off.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Right, I tried it with and without calibration settings and minimising black bars. I also tried it with all the various screen settings on the LG TV.

I just went back in and zeroed out all the calibration settings and made sure the minimising black bars was off. I got out of Kodi and powered the unit completely down. Then I powered it back up and got back in Kodi and played a movie (3D) and set the TV to "just scan". This time it works ok. That just blows my mind. The only thing I can think of was powering it on with the TV on and in the HDMI input mode. When I first swapped out my blu-ray player and hooked up the Nexbox A1 in its place, the TV was not turned on and in HDMI input mode. All the work I've done prior to this, it was just putting the box in sleep mode and not physically off. Maybe it just needed to see the hardware when it booted up.

Otherwise, I tried all the currently working settings before and it didn't work. Don't touch anything and hopefully all will be good!

Another thing that could be hampering things I thought of is that the HDMI cable actually goes to the Yamaha receiver and then to the TV - maybe that boogers things up as well? The receiver does the pass-through so it can play the audio portion. I assume it just passes the video information through but who knows...
Yes it will need to read edid info on bootup to see all the TV's modes.

Your avr could be mucking things up but you seem to have it working now. Cheers.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-01-10, 02:29)TimothyGaray Wrote: Right, I tried it with and without calibration settings and minimising black bars. I also tried it with all the various screen settings on the LG TV.

I just went back in and zeroed out all the calibration settings and made sure the minimising black bars was off. I got out of Kodi and powered the unit completely down. Then I powered it back up and got back in Kodi and played a movie (3D) and set the TV to "just scan". This time it works ok. That just blows my mind. The only thing I can think of was powering it on with the TV on and in the HDMI input mode. When I first swapped out my blu-ray player and hooked up the Nexbox A1 in its place, the TV was not turned on and in HDMI input mode. All the work I've done prior to this, it was just putting the box in sleep mode and not physically off. Maybe it just needed to see the hardware when it booted up.

Otherwise, I tried all the currently working settings before and it didn't work. Don't touch anything and hopefully all will be good!

Another thing that could be hampering things I thought of is that the HDMI cable actually goes to the Yamaha receiver and then to the TV - maybe that boogers things up as well? The receiver does the pass-through so it can play the audio portion. I assume it just passes the video information through but who knows...

Does everything still works? i having the same probelm with my LG . zoomed in issue...
And have you done as suggested in this thread?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17 + 3D Movie + LG 55" TV0