Mezzmo (UPnP) some issue.
kodi offers users to browse through pictures.

I have, just as music/video also pictures hosted on mezzmo (UPnP)
in kodi, browsing the UPnP server for pictures works.
I can select a picture and kodi actually shows me the "mini picture which is inside the jpg, the preview!"

But the picture itself, if I select it to watch it large.. fullscreen.. only just a black screen!

This has been reported by many people if you google it, so I wonder why no one ever reported it at the kodi forums.
Looks like a 3rd party add-on, and not something directly supported by Kodi and for that matter not necessarily windows, although that seems to be the target platform. Our team is all about Kodi, and not necessarily concerned about the compatibility with 3rd party software. The program does look intriguing, and it appears to have functioned at one point, perhaps you can enlist the help of those at Mezzmo to revisit their add-on and this issue?

Searching the forums brings up these links

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=204103
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=218330

http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki/doku.php?id=m...user_guide
http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php...n-released (this has a few support links)

Quote:I wonder why no one ever reported it at the kodi forums.
I didn't see the add-on in the repository, so it's not likely fully vetted or contains binary that might contain uncertain code and if there's no forum & support here, it's likely the messages are scattered.
Hi PatK

great find of you! I didn't even knew they had their own plugin!

Thanks and I'll try it .
I should mention looking at their web site, I get the impression that copy-write content is hosted on the site "Stream and play movies, TV shows, home movies, music and photos in Kodi from Mezzmo server.. If that's true then it would be in violation and subject to Kodi's rules and might explain their absence is these forums.

P.S. I've edited the title of this thread to reflect the 3rd party software, so as to not cast any aspersions on to the best home theatre software on the planet.

Moved to add-ons [PatK]
(2017-01-09, 03:32)PatK Wrote: I should mention looking at their web site, I get the impression that copy-write content is hosted on the site "Stream and play movies, TV shows, home movies, music and photos in Kodi from Mezzmo server.. If that's true then it would be in violation and subject to Kodi's rules and might explain their absence is these forums.

P.S. I've edited the title of this thread to reflect the 3rd party software, so as to not cast any aspersions on to the best home theatre software on the planet.

Moved to add-ons [PatK]

it says "your" movies Its not really any different than Kodi. they don't provide any content.

Benefits of using the Mezzmo for Kodi Add-on
By default, Kodi can connect to media servers like Mezzmo, but it only provides basic browsing & streaming features. By installing the Mezzmo for Kodi Add-on into your Kodi setup, you can take your media center theater experience to the next level.
The Mezzmo for Kodi Add-on provides the following benefits:
Stream and play movies, TV shows, home movies, music and photos in Kodi from Mezzmo server.
View full text metadata, posters and backdrops from Mezzmo server.
Play and resume videos.
Share resume points between other devices through the Mezzmo server.
List files in the sort order from Mezzmo server.
Default view modes for movies, TV shows and others.
Use right-click context menu to search Mezzmo server for specific videos, music or photos.
Enter PIN code to bypass Mezzmo server content rating restrictions.

it really rather Ironic.

Mezzmo also isn't designed to work with Kodi. its just one port of many that the program offers.

People typically use mezzmo when they have multiple devices on their network such as Android and Roku.

Mezzmo's logo
Stream your media.
Inside your home.
Outside your home.

if this is an aspersion and suggest piracy then Kodi has no hope of ever achieving the image they would like to especially when making such disparaging remarks about similar programs.
Box: Matircom G Box AMLS812
Kodi: SPMC
Skin APPTV
Connection ADSL(11MPS) , Ethernet
Game Systems : Wii, PS3
Cable Provider: WOW! (Wide Open West)
Media servers (windows 10 PC) Mediaportal, Playon, Kodi

(2017-01-09, 03:32)PatK Wrote: I should mention looking at their web site, I get the impression that copy-write content is hosted on the site "Stream and play movies, TV shows, home movies, music and photos in Kodi from Mezzmo server.. If that's true then it would be in violation and subject to Kodi's rules and might explain their absence is these forums.

what do you mean with copy-write is forbidden by Kodi's rules?

I have a lot of movies, also my own private movies when I was a kid, but also TV shows. I always wait till the show is closed (all 6 or 10 seasons) then I buy it legal from amazon or other "all in one" packages
and copy the whole thing on my local disk. In my country it's allowed to make 1 copy for yourself as backup and we actually pay additional eur for every storage device because of this.
the copy is fast.. 50 dvd's are done really fast.. but for the encoding i use handbrake and just let it run 2 days for smaller series or 10 days it's transcoding for larger series.

then I copy the whole bunch into the mezzmo folder and mezzo hosts these files.

Not sure what is illegal or violation there. I paid for everything I have to pay for and nothing is hosted public.

all behind firewalls.

What would be illegal or in violation here? If something is, of course I'll stop using kodi for playing my owned movies and tv shows and delete it from my computer. There's also VlC and other alternatives.

So please let me know if somehting is in violation then I delete kodi asap.

But I rathr not, since kodi is the best player..
and mezzmo is the best hoster..

but mezzmo only hosts your own media local.. only what you own..

and I own everything legal! too much work for me to download stuff illegal. With my income you like everything done for you.

that's why i love mezzmo / kodi combination so I really would NOT want to give that up.
@tornicade

Quote:it says "your" movies Its not really any different than Kodi. they don't provide any content.

I saw that, but understand that 'Mega-Upload' offers the same defence. I'm unsure at this point, not being familiar with this software, are the source files with the server or are they just pointer/links? (looks to be an upload on the server?), I'm looking for a little clarification, I'll probably give it a go when I have some time.
@mrgenie

Just looking for clarification with the software mezzmo (UPnP). If indeed it's hosting content, then that would be something that would need further clarification. It wouldn't be good for Kodi to be associated with a server, if this turned out to be shared content. Comments in this regard are welcome.

I'm not the software police, and didn't want this post to DE-generate into an anti-piracy tirade, but if circumvention of DRM on disks is not illegal in your country, it's likely to be in the very near future. Such laws are part of the United States' Digital Millennium Copyright Act, and the European Union's Copyright Directive https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_rights_management to restrict usage of proprietary hardware and copyrighted works When we look at some of these things, they seem to fly into the face of rights and freedoms to do what we will; with product we own. Key here is the position of the copyright holders 'that you own the plastic, and not much more'. This is before the courts in various jurisdictions and it would be imprudent to take any position atm.

Kodi and the forum are not in the situation to spearhead any side of these arguments. The rules of this forum are a guide to help users navigate some incredible software and protect it from those who would have a contrarian point of view and wish harm on the forum and the software, in large part due to this (https://kodi.tv/the-piracy-box-sellers-a...ling-kodi/) The issue is so sensitive that even the slightest hint of impropriety and we have a wave of defenders of the other view point hoping to eliminate what they perceive as an attack on copyright and the movie industry. Moderators are ever vigilant for these posts that would drag us into oblivion and are zealous to maintain good order and combat any negative dispersion on the software. Few dollars exist for any modern defence and to waste developers and moderators time in this fashion, only takes away from the evolution of Kodi.

Let's stick to supporting the best software on the planet, and tell us what we like do; that doesn't contravene the spirit of the forum rules. The legal stuff is a moving target, best discussed in 'other' places, certainly not the haloed halls of this forum.

Yup: TDL

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mezzmo (UPnP) some issue.0