• 7(current)
peak3d development roadmap
are there any plans to implement playready for windows?
Hi, sure, still waiting for a windows dev who is more into the window api things.
From my side I'll provide all information about the workflow, if someone signals time for development
May I ask, what happended to your MediaCodec Async plans? You seem to have re-introduced MediaCodec via JNI in the respective branch?
I did some performance tests in my WIP branch, but it was no real improvement.
I'll wait until async is implemented in NDK and try again (Android API 28 IIRC)
I might soon open a topic where I elaborate on performance while playing high bitrate 2160p60 content. Rendering a 4K frame every 16ms is critical. And I do experience problems. Amazon even suggests using Tunnel Mode Playback.
Tunneled playback is an option but does not really fit into kodi's VideoPlayer.
The only option is to write a new videoplayer (see rbpi / OMX) and bypass all the options which are posssible if you have control over the frames.

Beside this performance in tunneled mode (with my heavy 4K sample on AFTV4K (2017) was not too good. Because of that I didn't spend too much time on it.
(2019-01-23, 18:01)peak3d Wrote: Tunneled playback is an option but does not really fit into kodi's VideoPlayer.

What tunneled playback mean?
See here and here.
(2019-01-13, 11:44)peak3d Wrote: Hi, sure, still waiting for a windows dev who is more into the window api things.
From my side I'll provide all information about the workflow, if someone signals time for development

I've just been notified your need of someone to wrangle WinApi. I'm unsure of how much time I currently have at my disposal, but Google being Google, the idea of dropping Widevine support is tickling. Let me know if you still need help with the implementation.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
peak3d development roadmap1