Solved where is DVD playback icon ???
Hello,
First of all, congratulations for your work !!!
I'm using Kodi since Krypton beta 3 and I have a little question since the last versions (beta 5 I think...) : where is the shortcut for reading a DVD ? Since beta 5 or 6, I have to go to the videos section, then select my dvd in the source list, then, select the "video TS" folder to launch the playback... In the older versions, when a dvd was inserted in the dvd drive an icon "dvd" appear in the film section, and the dvd playback was started when clicking on that icon (no need to select the video TS folder). And more, the playback resume at the place you stop if you stopped the film... (and as far I know, in the RC release, this option doesn't exist/work anymore ...).
Is someone could help me to find again these options please ?
Thanks a lot,
Vincent
Hi,

I have used a dvdplayer with Kodi in the past so i was curious.
I downloaded the latest Krypton nightly, quickly ran through some disk settings (only enabled play automatically to save a step).
Then, hooked up a usb dvdplayer and inserted a disk (12 monkeys ofcourse).
Dvd icon shows up on the left side menu and disk starts playing. Resume works as expected.
So its still very functional;-). Are you running the latest version?
The Play Disk option was only recently added to Estuary so wasn't in the RC build, until the next RC it can only be found in the Nightly builds.
Figured as much ;-)
Hello there,
Thanks a lot for your answers !
As you have guessed, I'm using the Kryton RC2 release, which, according to Atreyu message, has not the Play Disk option yet implemented... No problem, I'm just going to be patient and waiting for the RC3 or final release ^^! I was just afraid that I had implemented bad configurations during the installation...
Again, thanks a lot guys (and, thanks also for the English expression "Figured as much" that I didn't know ;-) !)
Cheers,
Vincent
You are welcome.
You dont really have to wait; the nightly i used was at rc3 ;-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
where is DVD playback icon ???0