I performed a fresh install via

Code:
sudo apt-get update
Code:
sudo apt-get install kodi

then once done i run Kodi from command prompt and this is what i get:
Crash Log
http://pastebin.com/embed_iframe/A684pHS6

sorry couldn't figure out how to paste code from paste bin... if you need more info please let me know... if i cant figure this out ill just wipe drive clean and reinstall ubuntu then try to install kodi again just didnt want to have to go through all of that as id like to fix the problem...
Quote:19:37:29 T:139990748277056 NOTICE: Enabled Joystick: Sony Computer Entertainment Wireless Controller
19:37:29 T:139990748277056 NOTICE: Details: Total Axis: 10 Total Hats: 1 Total Buttons: 14

Can you remove this?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Yes it's just because when system turns on it connect to my PS4 comtroller used for an emulator... but I've disconnected that controller and turned Bluetooth off that has no affect
Please post a new log with it removed.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Ok I'll get that when I get home tonight.
Ok so when I simply turned off bluetooth I got the same messages... so I removed the Sony controller from the device list then ran Kodi and everything works as expected... I did however have a system problem...

So I did a
Code:
sudo apt-get update
Code:
sudo apt-get upgrade

And now everything is running good. Perhaps there was a conflict with my wireless keyboard and the Bluetooth control pad.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi crashing after fresh install...0