Req Set delay on video playback to allow audio format change.
Exclamation 
PLEASE strongly consider adding an additional delay type for audio format changes.

Audio at the beginning on many of my titles is cut off as my receiver changes from one audio format to another.

For example, when using navigation , you hear the navigation clicks, but when starting playback of a DTS-MA title, it takes about 1.5 - 2 seconds to kick in. This causes the viewer to lose any audio that played during that time.

Everyone has a different setup, many have various reasons for wanting tiny delays and this is one of the biggest problems because we don't have one to use in these cases.

Kodi developers placed a setting of "Pause during refresh rate change" in the system for this very type of issue related to delays caused by video refresh rate changes..
We need a "Pause during audio stream change" delay too.

I would think that this code is largely ready from the video refresh rate change function, wouldn't you just monitor the audio for a change now and add this feature?
(My dumb guess on how it might go.. Blush )

What say you?

Messages In This Thread
Set delay on video playback to allow audio format change. - by sniper_x - 2017-01-11, 08:17
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Set delay on video playback to allow audio format change.0