Win MP3s don't play
All of a sudden, Kodi won't play MP3 files from my music collection located on a network drive. When I click on a file, I get one of the 2 following error messages:

1. Playlist: Can't find a next item to play.

2. Playback failed: One or more items failed to play. Check the log for more information about this message.

I have played the same MP3s through Kodi before. Also, I don't have a problem playing them using Windows Media Player.

Here's a link to my log file: http://pastebin.com/hH1qwLZm

Update: I tried playing MP3s on a local drive and get the same problem.
Try changing the Audio Output Device to the WASAPI option instead of your currently selected Directsound option.
Thanks for the reply jjd-uk. I tried your suggestion and the results were almost the same except that nothing happens the first time I click on a song. I did have 2 options for WASAPI: 1. default and 2. HDMI-1. I tried default, tested, exited Kodi, and renamed the log file: Kodi log 011217 0935 wasapi default. Restarted Kodi, set the audio output to WASAPI HDMI-1, tested, exited Kodi and renamed the log file again: Kodi log 011217 0936 HDMI-1
Bad boy.

Code:
09:35:54 T:7020  NOTICE: ADDONS: Using repository repository.exodus
09:35:54 T:7020  NOTICE: ADDONS: Using repository repository.tknorris.beta
09:35:54 T:7020  NOTICE: ADDONS: Using repository repository.Kinkin
09:35:54 T:7020  NOTICE: ADDONS: Using repository repository.xbmchub
Permission issue, try the same files from local disk, please.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Thanks fritsch. I appreciate the help. It's the same problem with local files. I even tried running Kodi as Administrator, but nothing changed. Also, I don't have any problems at all when opening music files on the network drive when I run Kodi on other computers on the network, just from this particular PC.

http://pastebin.com/6ufu9L6J
Do the other computers play these mp3 files?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Please reproduce with v17 - iirc this was an ffmpeg issue 1.5 years ago when we finalized Jarvis.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MP3s don't play0