Win [SOLVED] Kodi Will not Scrape Correct Titles of Content
Hey guys, I first updated and had the problem so after reading around the forums for a while I noticed that it was recommended to make a clean and fresh install of my install/library.

The problem was and still is that upon updating from Kodi 16.1 Jarvis was that all my TV Shows and Movies were not scraping correctly. So I uninstalled everything completely and cleaned all the windows
registration keys with CCleaner just to make sure that everything was gone and that I can start from a fresh. I downloaded a fresh new install of Kodi 17.0 Krypton RC2 and installed nicely. When I made my
video sources so that it could find my content and scrape the needed info/images etc it worked fine, but for some reason everything its scraping is not the correct info for the selected program.

Everything has gone wrong, even after a fresh install its still doing the same as I originally updated. So can someone please help me, remember I did a fresh install, I did not install a single thing or set a certain
setting, just put my source and let it run
and bang! its all messed up. I never had this problem before, its the same as I would usually do upon a new install or adding a new source and it always worked fine.
Well since you didn't produce a debug log, I will but on my wizard hat and guess that you have incorrectly named tv series.
(2017-01-12, 15:39)helta Wrote: Well since you didn't produce a debug log, I will but on my wizard hat and guess that you have incorrectly named tv series.

lol no mate, like I said - everything is listed fine, I know how to do that ie: "The Walking Dead" folder, then "Series 1" then episodes are "S01E01" and such.

This isn't the problem, and them shows etc were all fine before the update and then fresh install. I always take the time to make my library clean and organized so im 99.9% sure its not the problem.

I can of course give you the log if you want Smile
Debug log is attached: https://www.mediafire.com/?oxgj7jxi3rm9px7

I can't Pastebin it or use any others as its 6.66mb (too big and they won't accept it - sorry)

Its really funny cause its got the series Arrow which I do have yes, BUT its got 730 files within that! lol impossible. Then there is another arrow folder with pilot, and loads of other shows I do not even own.
They are just randomly showing up as my shows when if I press play they completely show a different thing - of course the file I own and what its meant to be.
Its going to come down to naming of your TV Series (your naming FORMAT is ok).

For example, your "Atlantis" is being scraped as "Atlantis High"
(2017-01-12, 17:25)helta Wrote: Its going to come down to naming of your TV Series (your naming FORMAT is ok).

For example, your "Atlantis" is being scraped as "Atlantis High"

Yep that is a common problem due to some programs having near enough the same name, that I can just manually fix. But what about everything else? its all being put into 1 main place "Arrow" the series has
over 700 files, and inside that are all the series I once had all nicely set out, now its all messed up. I can't understand it as even a clean install does nothing. This is actually only happening to the "TV Series" source
as I did movies just now and they are working fine. Could it be bad connection? TVDB source problems? or what? I really don't think its my naming of stuff as they were working fine before the update UNLESS the Kodi
devs have changed something?

Thanks for the help by the way Smile
Sounds like you've done something wrong when adding the Source, my best guess is you've either not set the right folder as the source or you settings in Set Content are not correct.
(2017-01-12, 17:45)jjd-uk Wrote: Sounds like you've done something wrong when adding the Source, my best guess is you've either not set the right folder as the source or you settings in Set Content are not correct.

If that was the problem then the "Movies" source which I setup the same way but in a different folder would work either. Also like I said mate, I have done this enough
times to know what I'm doing, that's why its all the more strange lol.

The way I have it is I have 3 folders in my Entertainment drive - "Anime", "Movies" and "TV Series". Anime I have not done yet, I usually add that with the TV Series source. Well the TV Series folder for example
has "24" , "Almost Human" , "Arrow" , "Band of Brothers" and then within them folders if they have more than 1 season they have "Season 1" and "Season 2" for example and then the actual playable files are marked "S01E01" and so on as they should be. It's always worked this way for me, until now.

Edit: I am thinking it could be my connection, as if I clear the "Arrow" one which seems to always house the 700+ files in which it shouldn't, I press update library again and sometimes its catching the right files and putting them where they should be. But still at the end of the update the same "Arrow" folder is being housed with loads of files when it shouldn't be, as if to say that all them files being put in the "Arrow" destination are not found Tongue

Strange.
#FIXED it, lol.

I knew it wasn't my own fault, after reading some posts especially these ones:

- http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=131885
- https://www.reddit.com/r/xbmc/comments/1...e_to_tvdb/

I noticed that TVDB doesn't always play nice lol.

I then found this: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=262313

So I downloaded the source "TMDB" and then edited my "TV Series" source and boom! it worked perfectly!

Smile
Sorry, I'm new here so maybe I mis-read the rules. Isn't your reply a violation of the first rule?
Hello @kbovelf

Can you point out what part of which post is in violation of the first rule? Thanks.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SOLVED] Kodi Will not Scrape Correct Titles of Content0