• 1(current)
Mod pkscout's Estuary mod (with Artist Slideshow Support)
I wasn't really planning to post this, but I've seen enough people asking about changes to the default Estuary that I did in this mod that I thought I'd go ahead.

This is a very light modification to Estuary that provides the following:
  • basic support for Artist Slideshow on the music visualization screen
  • option to trigger music visualization screen when you start playing music
  • ability to reorder and turn off home screen left menu items
  • option to use small icons for the categories (makes it more like the original Estuary)
  • option to hide home screen widgets individually
  • setting to change the color diffusion of background art (from 0 - 100%)
  • option to use alternate layout for weather widget in top bar that doesn't overlap with certain views
  • added categories in TV category widget for X-NEWA and Pseudolibrary if those addons are installed
  • option to use an alternate timer layout that puts the show name before the channel name in the PVR listings
  • better support for 4 digit channel numbers in PVR
  • option for narrow channel labels in PVR guide (must restart Kodi after changing this setting)
  • if you install skin.helper.service the alternate layout in PVR timers listings will include TV show posters and show plot (show plot requires modified version of skin.helper.service, see below)
  • option to show extended OSD info when showing the PVR OSD

To use this you need to install my skin repo and then install the Krypton Estuary skin mod.

https://github.com/pkscout/repository.sk...-1.1.1.zip

To get the plot to show with skin.helper.service, you need to modify listitem_monitor.py. Around line 366 you'll find this:
Code:
# monitor listitem props when PVR is active
elif content_type in ["tvchannels", "tvrecordings", "channels", "recordings", "timers", "tvtimers"]:
details = self.get_pvr_artwork(details, prefix)

You need to change it to this:
Code:
# monitor listitem props when PVR is active
elif content_type in ["tvchannels", "tvrecordings", "channels", "recordings", "timers", "tvtimers"]:
extinfo = details.copy()
extinfo['plot'] = ''
details['ExternalPlot'] = self.get_pvr_artwork(extinfo, prefix)['plot']
details = self.get_pvr_artwork(details, prefix)

I'm not really going to take feature requests for this mod. Basically this thread is just if you're having a problem.
One quick thing. If you happen to be using the 1.0.6 version of earlier of this mod, once you upgrade all your categories will be showing again no matter what you had set before. I changed the way the category setting works, so you just need to go back into the skin settings and reset your options.
Hi!

In the log error:
20:38:06.982 T:5032 ERROR: Misplaced [
20:38:06.982 T:5032 ERROR: Error parsing boolean expression !System.HasAddon(script.artistslideshow) | !$INFO[Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.ArtworkReady)]
(2017-01-25, 18:09)safonov_ivan Wrote: Hi!

In the log error:
20:38:06.982 T:5032 ERROR: Misplaced [
20:38:06.982 T:5032 ERROR: Error parsing boolean expression !System.HasAddon(script.artistslideshow) | !$INFO[Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.ArtworkReady)]

Thanks for finding that. I've fixed it and will push an updated version out in a bit.
Thanks for posting this, was happy with Estuary for my simple needs except for the fixed widgets in an unhelpful order. I'm only interested in recently added and don't use categories so your mod fixes that perfectly, so thank you again.

Only remaining nuisance is when launching Kodi the focus is on the first item in the widget rather than the top item in the side menu.
Just wanted to say thanks very much for sharing your modification! I wanted to keep the look and feel of Estuary but missed a few customization options.
(2017-01-26, 11:31)b1ggles Wrote: Thanks for posting this, was happy with Estuary for my simple needs except for the fixed widgets in an unhelpful order. I'm only interested in recently added and don't use categories so your mod fixes that perfectly, so thank you again.

Only remaining nuisance is when launching Kodi the focus is on the first item in the widget rather than the top item in the side menu.

Hmmm. I've never had that problem with the default Estuary or my mod. When I launch Kodi the first menu item on the left side is selected. It's one of the reasons there's an option in my mod to swap TV Shows and Movies. We basically use Kodi as a DVR, so I wanted TV Shows to be first (and thus highlighted).
Just FYI, I updated this with the bug fixes released as part of Kodi 17rc4. Nothing in there is that big a deal, so I think it's safe to update even if you haven't updated to RC4 yet.
(2017-01-26, 23:13)pkscout Wrote:
(2017-01-26, 11:31)b1ggles Wrote: Thanks for posting this, was happy with Estuary for my simple needs except for the fixed widgets in an unhelpful order. I'm only interested in recently added and don't use categories so your mod fixes that perfectly, so thank you again.

Hmmm. I've never had that problem with the default Estuary or my mod. When I launch Kodi the first menu item on the left side is selected. It's one of the reasons there's an option in my mod to swap TV Shows and Movies. We basically use Kodi as a DVR, so I wanted TV Shows to be first (and thus highlighted).

Always been like it for me and just accepted it BUT I've sussed the problem and all is now good! I had 'Enable mouse and touch screen support' selected, turned it off and now focus is where it should be.
I know you only made this skin for yourself, so thank you for sharing it with us all! Is there any chance you'd consider modifying it further to allow for adding main menu items and adding/modifying widgets, not just hiding them? If not, I completely understand.

Cheers!
(2017-02-03, 22:35)gabestover Wrote: I know you only made this skin for yourself, so thank you for sharing it with us all! Is there any chance you'd consider modifying it further to allow for adding main menu items and adding/modifying widgets, not just hiding them? If not, I completely understand.

Cheers!

Sorry, no. Doing that would basically mean rewriting whole chucks of Estuary to use Skin Widgets. I don't have that kind of time (or skill most likely).
(2017-02-04, 01:35)pkscout Wrote:
(2017-02-03, 22:35)gabestover Wrote: I know you only made this skin for yourself, so thank you for sharing it with us all! Is there any chance you'd consider modifying it further to allow for adding main menu items and adding/modifying widgets, not just hiding them? If not, I completely understand.

Cheers!

Sorry, no. Doing that would basically mean rewriting whole chucks of Estuary to use Skin Widgets. I don't have that kind of time (or skill most likely).

Got it. I thought maybe it could be accomplished through the node editor, adding top level nodes or something like that. Totally outside of my wheelhouse. Thanks for the reply!
(2017-02-04, 04:48)gabestover Wrote:
(2017-02-04, 01:35)pkscout Wrote:

Cheers!

Got it. I thought maybe it could be accomplished through the node editor, adding top level nodes or something like that. Totally outside of my wheelhouse. Thanks for the reply!

You can currently add, delete, and move nodes using the Node Editor addon. It only applies for the video and music menus though. The other widgets are hard coded in the skin.
(2017-02-04, 09:20)pkscout Wrote:
(2017-02-04, 04:48)gabestover Wrote:
(2017-02-04, 01:35)pkscout Wrote: Sorry, no. Doing that would basically mean rewriting whole chucks of Estuary to use Skin Widgets. I don't have that kind of time (or skill most likely).

You can currently add, delete, and move nodes using the Node Editor addon. It only applies for the video and music menus though. The other widgets are hard coded in the skin.
I see - thanks! Maybe I'll have to try to figure out how to code some other nodes in.

Cheers!
Is there are anyway i can set the amount of Recently added movies and unwatched movies to a certain number. I would like to see 25 of each on the main page. It seems like the skin gets limited by the number of unwatched.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
pkscout's Estuary mod (with Artist Slideshow Support)6