• 7(current)
Mod pkscout's Estuary mod (with Artist Slideshow Support)
I have to tell you....THIS is the skin I have been waiting for!
This version should be the one they use as the default skin for Kodi. I still to this day don't know why they make customizable skins a feature yet never provide one as a default.

This is lightweight and as quick as the default but even MORE lightweight and Quick thanks to the fact we can shut off menu items and widgets I have no use for!

Great Job here!
I second this.

Just discovered this skin. It is great!

Many thanks for your hard work and for making it public.
Just FYI for anyone tracking this thread, I've released a first stab at this mod for Leia and started a separate thread for it.

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=333143
Hello.

The artist bio does not work for me ( OSMC, Kodi 17.6 ). Is this still supported?

Best Regards
Christian
(2018-07-22, 13:05)tramCS Wrote: Hello.

The artist bio does not work for me ( OSMC, Kodi 17.6 ). Is this still supported?

Best Regards
Christian
No, I never added any of the artist bio display stuff to the skin.  Artist Slideshow still supports it, but this mod doesn't show any of it.
Thank you for the information. Only for me:

Is this planned (possibly Kodi 18) to reintroduce, or are there any skins that can do that.

Thank you
Christian
(2018-07-22, 19:09)tramCS Wrote: Thank you for the information. Only for me:

Is this planned (possibly Kodi 18) to reintroduce, or are there any skins that can do that.

Thank you
Christian
It's not really on the priority list for the Leia version of this mod (which is available now).  I could never really find a place in the Estuary skin that it made any sense and didn't basically block the entire artist picture (which is kind of the main point of Artist Slideshow).  There are other skins that do support a fuller range of the data AS provides, but I don't keep a list of those, so unfortunately I can't make any good suggestions.
Hi pkscout, thanks again for Artist Slideshow, I've enjoyed it for years.
I'm preferring Estuary to Transparency or Aeon Nox look and interaction-wise... but would love, (as others here) to have bio on screen as an option with Estuary... perhaps it could toggle with lyrics somehow, as you can't read both simultaneously... so may as well toggle them? I'm not sure if that's possible.

Does anyone have any suggestions for an artist slideshow compatible skins that do biography other than transparency?

Thanks,
Mark.
(2018-07-28, 13:59)fredphoesh Wrote: Hi pkscout, thanks again for Artist Slideshow, I've enjoyed it for years.
I'm preferring Estuary to Transparency or Aeon Nox look and interaction-wise... but would love, (as others here) to have bio on screen as an option with Estuary... perhaps it could toggle with lyrics somehow, as you can't read both simultaneously... so may as well toggle them? I'm not sure if that's possible.

Does anyone have any suggestions for an artist slideshow compatible skins that do biography other than transparency?

Thanks,
Mark.
Just FYI, I've added an option to show the artist bio when with Music OSD is active in the Leia version of this mod.  I don't use lyrics at all on any of my setups, so hopefully this won't interfere with lyric readability.
(2018-08-05, 22:24)pkscout Wrote: Just FYI, I've added an option to show the artist bio when with Music OSD is active in the Leia version of this mod.  I don't use lyrics at all on any of my setups, so hopefully this won't interfere with lyric readability.
Hi again pkscout,
That's GREAT, thanks.
I will have a look at this. I'm still on 17.6 at the moment.
tx
Mark.
(2018-08-05, 22:24)pkscout Wrote: Just FYI, I've added an option to show the artist bio when with Music OSD is active in the Leia version of this mod.   

Hi pkscout,
I now have v18 alpha 3 running with the artist biography working well, but the Artist Slideshow is not showing at all.
I have tried running the addon, checked the settings in the Artist Slideshow addon are all as they were today when it was working with Transparency! today just before I upgraded to Leia.
Any ideas why it's not showing Artist Slideshow images?
Tx
Mark.
(2018-08-05, 23:55)fredphoesh Wrote:
(2018-08-05, 22:24)pkscout Wrote: Just FYI, I've added an option to show the artist bio when with Music OSD is active in the Leia version of this mod.   

Hi pkscout,
I now have v18 alpha 3 running with the artist biography working well, but the Artist Slideshow is not showing at all.
I have tried running the addon, checked the settings in the Artist Slideshow addon are all as they were today when it was working with Transparency! today just before I upgraded to Leia.
Any ideas why it's not showing Artist Slideshow images?
Tx
Mark. 
Not off hand.  If you could enable debug logging in Kodi *and* in the Artist Slideshow settings, duplicate the issue, and post a link to your log, I'll take a look.
(2018-08-06, 01:01)pkscout Wrote: If you could enable debug logging in Kodi *and* in the Artist Slideshow settings, duplicate the issue, and post a link to your log, I'll take a look. 

Thanks fella, much appreciated...
https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/7dbNH5JcYF/

EDIT
I have just found something odd. When playing music using the Radio addon, the biography comes up correctly, but no art work at all. When I play music using the experimental Google Play Music addon, I get bio AND artist slideshow... so it is working, but not with the Radio addon it seems?? Is that odd?

BTW the lyrics work too, though the box is quite big and clunky, but does the job if and when I'd ever want to see the lyrics. I guess ideally it would replace toggle with the biography, but personally I'm not fussed about it. Bio and Artist Slideshow are absolultely fab.

Mark.
(2018-08-06, 09:44)fredphoesh Wrote:
(2018-08-06, 01:01)pkscout Wrote: If you could enable debug logging in Kodi *and* in the Artist Slideshow settings, duplicate the issue, and post a link to your log, I'll take a look. 

Thanks fella, much appreciated...
https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/7dbNH5JcYF/

EDIT
I have just found something odd. When playing music using the Radio addon, the biography comes up correctly, but no art work at all. When I play music using the experimental Google Play Music addon, I get bio AND artist slideshow... so it is working, but not with the Radio addon it seems?? Is that odd?

BTW the lyrics work too, though the box is quite big and clunky, but does the job if and when I'd ever want to see the lyrics. I guess ideally it would replace toggle with the biography, but personally I'm not fussed about it. Bio and Artist Slideshow are absolultely fab.

Mark. 
 Some of the streaming addons work better than others with Artist Slideshow, as there are a limited number of formats for Artist information I can support. That said, I would expect you to either get nothing or everything, which isn't what you're describing.  I scrolled through the log and nothing jumped out.  Did that log have an artist from Radio and an Artist from Google Play?  If so can you tell me which artists go with which addon?  That would help me narrow down where to look.
Hi there again pkscout, thanks for the care!
I crated a new log after starting Kodi and going to two stations on Radio then playing three tracks on Google Play music...
https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/452xZPCByH/

Radio addon (all stations do not work with Artist Slideshow but do with Biography)
(KCRW)  Childish Gambino - Feels like Summer
(Paradise Radio) Roy Buchanan - The Messiah

Google Play Music (all work with Artist Slideshow and Biography)
Alabama Shakes - Gimme All your Love
The Album Leaf - Another Day
Aloe Blacc - I need a dollar

Thanks!
Mark.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
pkscout's Estuary mod (with Artist Slideshow Support)6