New movies not showing in library until I view in Files
As the title states, when I add movies to my library and update it, the new movies don't show up in my library view. If I go into file view for the same folder, the movies are there. As soon as I back out into the library, the movies will now all be there. Using the latest version of Kodi. Any ideas?
There is some overhead as in 'Time element'. I often load up 'recently added' hit the 'update library' on my skin and watch as they populate and get added. I'm wondering if you went into weather for a little while and came back, would your new additions be waiting?
I'm not sure what would happen by going into other apps. To clarify, these aren't necessarily movies that were just added, but it is always the newest ones that aren't showing up. Sometimes I will notice that the last few movies aren't showing up, and they may have been added a couple days previously and kodi will have run its library update multiple times since then. Going into the file view and back will automatically make them all appear.
Is recently added not working? If you did a search for the new file, is search not finding them? Sounds like a local cache issue which something like a refresh would be in order Updating or removing videos (wiki) I found this to be invaluable http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=272112 but the best tool without a doubt is Texture Cache Maintenance utility (wiki)
I don't have a "recently added" set up on my Kodi. I just have my Movie library and my TV library. To get the movies to show up I have to go to the "Files" sub menu and go into the movies folder which is streamed from my other desktop. It has all worked perfectly for years until this problem just popped up.
To add a little more detail, I have my background when hovering over the Movie button set to display the most recently added movies. It does show the new ones even when they aren't yet showing in the movie library. All it takes it opening the file browser and clicking the movie folder, then when I back out all the new movies will display in Movies library.
I'm having the same issue - Latest Kodi on Nvidia.
The newly added files (Movies) are picked up in Plex and SBMC but not in Kodi?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New movies not showing in library until I view in Files0