ISO and h.264 not working?
I know, I know. This is not a bug report. I'm just checking to see of other people are having trouble playing .ISO images. When I try it usually just hangs, but sometimes it will start working after waiting a minute or two.

Also, while large (e.g., 1.2 GB) XviD files work ok, large h.264 files do not (created with handbrake) do not.

Otherwise, stability seems pretty good. And again, I'm not complaining or asking for a fix, just checking to see if others have the same problem, or if I have a configuration problem elsewhere. Thanks!
XBMC machine: ABIT AN-M2HD with nVidia 7050 onboard (Ubuntu Hardy + latest nVidia driver), AMD Athlon BE-2350, Microsoft MCE IR Remote, Logitech PS3 USB keyboard, 33w idle, 53w max, 720p plasma over HDMI
The large h264 files work fine here.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
works fine here...

playing weekley realeased of 1.x gig files (mkv) without any problems...

and ISO (DVD's) full size 8 gig via smb just fine....

madmax
Hmm. Testing on my desktop machine:

0. Xbox works: Baseline is that all the test files work on my xbox connecting via smb to my server.

1. Linux XBMC works: .iso and .mp4 (h264) files stored on the local drive (ext3).

2. Linux XBMC doesn't work: The same files from the filesystem that are mounted via NFS (/media/video) or from SAMBA (in XBMC sources.xml as smb://server/video).

I'm slightly suspicious that it's related to a 2GB+ file size. I'm going to try making a Xvid movie 2GB+ and see if that will play.
XBMC machine: ABIT AN-M2HD with nVidia 7050 onboard (Ubuntu Hardy + latest nVidia driver), AMD Athlon BE-2350, Microsoft MCE IR Remote, Logitech PS3 USB keyboard, 33w idle, 53w max, 720p plasma over HDMI
what wasn't working for me was mounting my SMB stuff via samba ubuntu and then just browsing via XBMC to that share...that would fail playback of ISO and other files bigger then 2 GIG...act. DVD would play up to the 2 gb point and hen stall and mkv or avi would simply to start playing...

that been said, the same worked just fine via NFS mounts...but then I tried just the buildin XBMC smb stuff and low and behold that works fine on my setup for all files...and is a little faster then using NFS mounts...by faster I mean when playing and skipping through content....

madmax
have you tried mounting the share via CIFS instead of SMB?, the speed in CIFS is a lot better then through SMB. (if you are mounting locally instead of through xbmc)
As of today's build (11438) I'm not having problems playing large files like ISOs over my network. Yay progress!

I'm mounting remote drives using NFS. You can also use SMB or CIFS. SMB has a 2GB file limit, which may explain the problems experienced by madmax. See:

http://kbase.redhat.com/faq/FAQ_71_4536.shtm

Here's an old snippet from my /etc/fstab showing a CIFS mount:

//durable/video /media/video cifs credentials=/root/.smbcredentials,dmask=777,fmask=777 0 0

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ISO and h.264 not working?0