Slow network read speed
1080p is non-interlaced. Do you refer to 1080i? This would be interlaced - hw decoder can only be used with progressive content. Interlaced will always be software decoding only...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2017-01-25, 17:55)Memphiz Wrote: 1080p is non-interlaced. Do you refer to 1080i? This would be interlaced - hw decoder can only be used with progressive content. Interlaced will always be software decoding only...

I disabled it and performance is improved markedly but I get lines on all 1080 content.

Not sure what the deal is but 1080 plays fine in other apps on these devices.

Giving up for now. I appreciate the help.
Lines? Interlace lines? Then it is 1080i content...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
(2017-01-27, 19:40)Memphiz Wrote: Lines? Interlace lines? Then it is 1080i content...

Fyi MrMc (tvOS app in the App Store based on the older XBMC code base) plays back my BluRay and 1080p content perfectly on the same ATV4. I have a solution! Yay!!
And i think this is the third time i have read that now from you Wink - have fun...
(2017-01-31, 08:26)Memphiz Wrote: And i think this is the third time i have read that now from you Wink - have fun...

Just wanted to update the threads I had open on the 1080 playback performance issue

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Slow network read speed0