Tvheadend+DVB-C: How to seperate Radio-Channel from TV-Channel?
Hello to all Experts,
first my used HW/SW-Configuration:
- Headend:
- Raspi V1b, Jessie
- Sundtek Media Pro III, conneted to DVB-C
- Tvheadend 4.0.8

- Frontend:
- PC with Win10 and many other clients in the family
- Kodi 16.1

I am using a cable-provider (Vodafone/Kabel Deutschland) for Telephone, Internet and TV/Radio. With the TV-Stick I receive up to 650 channel (TV and Radio). So I am looking for a solution to separate the radio-channel from the TV-channel, in order to get them automaticly (because of more than one client where I use Kodi) separated in Kodi, which meas that I wouldt like to find the radio-channel inside the channel-manager in the radio-section and hopefully also in a seperate category (Radio?) on the mainscreen of Kodi. It seems that there is no way to seperate them in Tvheadend direct.

Does anyone have a solution for me?

Willibald
Normaly it should separate from self.

i made a new menu entry in the skin settings and chose activate window(radioChannels)
in the normal settings I go to live tv and channel manager to sort my radio channels.
(2017-01-13, 20:48)Willibald Williwald Wrote: Hello to all Experts,
first my used HW/SW-Configuration:
- Headend:
- Raspi V1b, Jessie
- Sundtek Media Pro III, conneted to DVB-C
- Tvheadend 4.0.8

- Frontend:
- PC with Win10 and many other clients in the family
- Kodi 16.1

I am using a cable-provider (Vodafone/Kabel Deutschland) for Telephone, Internet and TV/Radio. With the TV-Stick I receive up to 650 channel (TV and Radio). So I am looking for a solution to separate the radio-channel from the TV-channel, in order to get them automaticly (because of more than one client where I use Kodi) separated in Kodi, which meas that I wouldt like to find the radio-channel inside the channel-manager in the radio-section and hopefully also in a seperate category (Radio?) on the mainscreen of Kodi. It seems that there is no way to seperate them in Tvheadend direct.

Does anyone have a solution for me?

Willibald

In configuration -> Services you can override the service type and you can set it to Radio. To show the original service type you can select the column Service type.
Hello to all,
it was my fault and probabely caused by the huge functionality, I lost the overview. After a couple af days on holiday, I did in the way tjost wrote (thanks to tjost).

For all the others with the same "problem", here a little how to (all done on tvheadend):
1. Enabling the radio-channel in "Configuration - DVB-Inputs - Services" and saving the changes
2. Marking the radio-channels and mapping them
3. In order to separate them from the TV-channel and sorting them, I numbered them in "Configuration - Channel/EPG"
4. After starting Kodi you´ll find the radio-channel in the Radio-Section on the main menue.

Willibald
(2017-01-19, 12:41)zapp-it Wrote: In configuration -> Services you can override the service type and you can set it to Radio. To show the original service type you can select the column Service type.
Hello. In my configuration, the service type is readonly (and I have no column Service type). How can I override it?
Thanks
(2017-07-18, 16:17)gadjou Wrote:
(2017-01-19, 12:41)zapp-it Wrote: In configuration -> Services you can override the service type and you can set it to Radio. To show the original service type you can select the column Service type.
Hello. In my configuration, the service type is readonly (and I have no column Service type). How can I override it?
Thanks
Expert mode (not sure about that), tab services and there you can override the type in the column "Type override". It could be that you first have to make that column visible. Wink
I cannot find neither the "expert mode" nor the "Type override". It's probably because I'm still using tvheadend 4.0. Thank you anyway.
(2017-07-20, 13:51)gadjou Wrote: I cannot find neither the "expert mode" nor the "Type override". It's probably because I'm still using tvheadend 4.0. Thank you anyway.

Ah, yes I though that these options where only available in 4.2. Maybe time to upgrade to 4.2? Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tvheadend+DVB-C: How to seperate Radio-Channel from TV-Channel?0