Best skin for Video/Files views-only user
I only use the Video/Files view because I like to keep things like animated shows separate. Is there a good skin for this kind of user.
Yeah download a skin that supports custom main menu.... Aeon mq7 or aeon madnox are 2 I recommend then scan all your media into the library's ... Actually using Kodi the the way it should be.... Then make smart playlist to match your folders... One for movies one for animation on for tvshows and one for cartoons.... Then you can customize the main menu and change the default links to the playlist.... This way you have all the same content it just looks better and you get more out of Kodi....
Shield TV | Windows 10 | Mariadb | Mii Box
Evolve Ecosystem Repo | TV Melodies | Madnox Holiday Mod
Set-up a custom node for animated shows, most skins support Video nodes (wiki) and don't forget the Add-on:Library Node Editor (wiki) to make it easy.
(2017-01-14, 06:37)smitchell6879 Wrote: Yeah download a skin that supports custom main menu.... Aeon mq7 or aeon madnox are 2 I recommend then scan all your media into the library's ... Actually using Kodi the the way it should be.... Then make smart playlist to match your folders... One for movies one for animation on for tvshows and one for cartoons.... Then you can customize the main menu and change the default links to the playlist.... This way you have all the same content it just looks better and you get more out of Kodi....

I started playing around, and Aeon does work very well when you want to organize under ../video/files. I was able to use a custom to point at that folder, and submenus to the most used subdirs.

I will say I was surprised how a few skins were not designed with Fire/Android remotes in mind. I tried out reSync or something, and they had buttons in windows that you can't navigate to with just a remote.
(2017-01-14, 08:16)PatK Wrote: Set-up a custom node for animated shows, most skins support Video nodes (wiki) and don't forget the Add-on:Library Node Editor (wiki) to make it easy.

That may be a game-changer for my various profile set-ups. I'm excited to try this out when I can get my wife off the Fire TV box.
Glad to get you to the eye candy side of Kodi.
Shield TV | Windows 10 | Mariadb | Mii Box
Evolve Ecosystem Repo | TV Melodies | Madnox Holiday Mod
I wanted to join this question.
I need a skin where I can throw away standard menu items - movies, TV shows and so on (or move them to last place). And instead I want to see menu items "Folder A" that opens Folder A, "Folder B" than opens folder B and so on. And also add menu items in same way for plug-ins.
Can someone suggest such skin?
Aeon Nox will work, among others. You can use one of the custom menus, and point it directly at the folder, and name the menu item as you like. You could also make a Folders menu, with sub-menus to A, B, etc.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best skin for Video/Files views-only user0