Subtitles addon error
Hopefully someone around here can help me, as I suddently have problems downloading subtitles.
Just to be clear, it worked perfectly yesterday - but I did a fresh install and restored my backup on my fresh install. (Long story short, my partition was too small for LibreELEC so I had to do a new and fresh install to update to the latest version)

I downloaded the latest version of LibreELEC, and did a backup of my old install. Then I restored my backup to the fresh install, and everything works as it should - but not downloading subtitles from Subscene and OpenSubtitles. This is the error I get from the addons;

Code:
20:31:39.165 T:139982163683456   ERROR: Control 120 in window 10153 has been asked to focus, but it can't
20:31:39.260 T:139979636729600   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeEncodeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xe5' in position 14: ordinal not in range(128)
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/service.subtitles.subscene/service.py", line 512, in <module>
                                                item['3let_language'].append(xbmc.convertLanguage(lang, xbmc.ISO_639_2))
                                            UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xe5' in position 14: ordinal not in range(128)
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
20:31:39.327 T:139979495479040   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://service.subtitles.subscene/?action=search&languages=English%2CNorwegian%2CNorwegian%20Bokm%C3%A5l&preferredlanguage=Norwegian%20Bokm%C3%A5l

I've tried to delete the addons, delete the addon data in the userdata directory and installed them again. However, no luck at all. As I said, this worked perfectly before I reinstalled LibreELEC. Anyone have any ideas what causing this?

I appreciate any help I can get to solve this.. Maybe I just have to do a clean install and don't restore any old backups? I hate to loose my watched status, settings etc :-)

Thank you!
FANART.TV
The best source of high quality fan supplied artwork for your media collection.
"Latest" is not a version.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-01-14, 22:01)nickr Wrote: "Latest" is not a version.

I have a minix box and have just upgraded from Kodi 16 to 17. It is impossible to download subtitles. The instructions given on Kodi are too fast and are not clear. I have enabled subtitles in Kodi Repository and when I click the icon to download for a film I get a message that says you have not registered. How do I do this as there is no where to register and why dont Kodi tell you what to do? You say downloading from the Repository works. Well it doesn't.
I guess you're trying to download from the opensubtitles add-on.
You have to register on their site and then insert your login credentials on the add-on's settings.
Or use another subtitles add-on.
He uses the subscene add-on "error getting plugin://service.subtitles.subscene/?" and i have the same problem. Some Series work fine, others don't.
Titlovi.com error. Not subtitle. Why?
You have explanation here:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=195574&page=2

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Subtitles addon error0