• 6(current)
Kyra for Kodi 2
With the files menu option you can browse through your media sources like a filesystem. You can also play items from here.

Proud owner of comics42.shop 
The TV & Radio menu options give a simple overview of the channels. Just touch the channel and it will play.

Something is wrong with my recently updated version.

The remote no longer sees any of my series and it no longer seems to cache movie data. It's all still working fine in the original version though.

The original fires up and all Movies/series data is available within a few seconds. v2 takes a good 20/30 seconds to spin up and like I said TV shows never show up in v2 for some reason

Sent from my iPhone
(2017-01-29, 15:09)rschiks Wrote:
(2017-01-29, 15:03)jeff363 Wrote:
(2017-01-29, 11:55)rschiks Wrote: Build 6 is now available.

Here are the release notes:

- Watch trailers option for movies added. You can play the trailer on your device or on Kodi.
- New menu option Trailers added. Play trailers from the current popular movies, now playing and upcoming movies.
- New menu option Progress added. A great overview in which you can see instantly see your progress of your series. It even has an option automatically hide completely watched series. When a new unwatched episode from a series is added to your library, it will automatically pop up in your overview again.
- CinemaVision support added. Enable it via general settings (under movies). When playing a movie the option Play with CinemaVision will be visible.

If you want to be a part of the test team, please leave a message. You will automatically get the latest build to play with!

The only weird issue that I found was in the trailer section. When you go to select a movie, it takes you to the "play local or on kodi" page. I selected play local. It went to the trailer with the remote page overlaid on it. I had to X out of the remote page and then the trailer video was there to play. Did not make sense to have the remote page there....maybe it was only needed for the play on kodi selection?

Have you enabled the setting "Go directly to remote control after initiating play"? (General settings under Remote Control).

Yes....I thought that was for shows and movies...did not think it would be trailers. I thought if something was local to device that it would not be covered by the remote.....to the tv, I could understand that....
(2017-02-01, 00:48)jouster Wrote: Something is wrong with my recently updated version.

The remote no longer sees any of my series and it no longer seems to cache movie data. It's all still working fine in the original version though.

The original fires up and all Movies/series data is available within a few seconds. v2 takes a good 20/30 seconds to spin up and like I said TV shows never show up in v2 for some reason

Sent from my iPhone (typie typie)

Which version of Kodi are you using? It needs to be at least Krypton, since Krypton allows certain options. For the series I ask certain items which only Krypton returns.

The movies are being cached once loaded. If you switch to another host of course the movies need to be retrieved again.

That retrieving data will take longer than v1 is correct. I now retrieve more info needed to make the filter option possible. In v1 the info was kept at a minimum.

Also for the discart I am using a different site (Kodi is not offering that) for which I need to retrieve a token. Sometimes this can take a few seconds. the token is being cached.
(2017-02-01, 02:53)jeff363 Wrote: Yes....I thought that was for shows and movies...did not think it would be trailers. I thought if something was local to device that it would not be covered by the remote.....to the tv, I could understand that....

Hmmm.. you are right about that yes, seems logic. I will change that.
I am indeed still using Jarvis as I just don't like any of the current krypton available skins. Currently using Ace on Jarvis.

I may have missed you stain I needed that. I'll install it somewhere and give it another try

Sent from my iPhone
(2017-02-01, 10:51)jouster Wrote: I am indeed still using Jarvis as I just don't like any of the current krypton available skins. Currently using Ace on Jarvis.

I may have missed you stain I needed that. I'll install it somewhere and give it another try

Another test user also ran into this issue (couple of posts back). When I was implementing the streaming option I switched to my Krypton machine. I have some 4k mkv's on it. I wanted to know if that went ok.
The default skin also displays the user rating which I needed to check my code. Then I simply stayed on that machine when I implemented new features.
Guess at one point I used a couple of things which required Krypton. Since it's already at RC4 I think it won't take long anymore :-)
(2017-02-01, 10:59)rschiks Wrote:
(2017-02-01, 10:51)jouster Wrote: I am indeed still using Jarvis as I just don't like any of the current krypton available skins. Currently using Ace on Jarvis.

Another test user also ran into this issue (couple of posts back). When I was implementing the streaming option I switched to my Krypton machine. I have some 4k mkv's on it. I wanted to know if that went ok.
The default skin also displays the user rating which I needed to check my code. Then I simply stayed on that machine when I implemented new features.
Guess at one point I used a couple of things which required Krypton. Since it's already at RC4 I think it won't take long anymore :-)

I totally agree. I was kind of holding out for the full edition and the hope of more available skins.

I've always updated early on previous builds.

With regards to cacheing of collection data. I guess the length of time it's taking is as much down to my huge collection size too.

As with v1. Should I not see the collection offline as cached data.

Tying t now and it's not showing. Could this be as data wasn't collected from a Krypton build?

Sent from my iPhone
(2017-02-01, 11:12)jouster Wrote:
(2017-02-01, 10:59)rschiks Wrote:

I totally agree. I was kind of holding out for the full edition and the hope of more available skins.

With regards to cacheing of collection data. I guess the length of time it's taking is as much down to my huge collection size too.

Tying t now and it's not showing. Could this be as data wasn't collected from a Krypton build?

I am not sure if I following you......but I will try :-)
v2 is not storing data to the device for offline usage. It's only cached in memory for the duration you are using the app.

I am also not sure if I am going to implement it as I foresee a lot of issues coming up with the features I still would like to implement. I will take a look at that later.

About the time:

In v1 I am retrieving less items. Because it's now possible to filter on actors, user ratings, last played, date added, etc I already need to ask the information for all movies, otherwise I can't do the matching.
I hope to have compensated a bit of the additional time by processing the data in multiple threads. I can't compensate for everything since Kodi also needs to prep more data to be sent.
The Live TV option gives you an overview of the TV channels and the EPG for that channel.

When selected you have the option to add it to your personal dashboard. In your personal dashboard you can drag the TV channel where ever you want. If placed, you can select the channel by just touching it.

(2017-02-01, 11:26)rschiks Wrote:
(2017-02-01, 11:12)jouster Wrote:
(2017-02-01, 10:59)rschiks Wrote: Another test user also ran into this issue (couple of posts back). When I was implementing the streaming option I switched to my Krypton machine. I have some 4k mkv's on it. I wanted to know if that went ok.

I am not sure if I following you......but I will try :-)
v2 is not storing data to the device for offline usage. It's only cached in memory for the duration you are using the app.

I am also not sure if I am going to implement it as I foresee a lot of issues coming up with the features I still would like to implement. I will take a look at that later.

About the time:

In v1 I am retrieving less items. Because it's now possible to filter on actors, user ratings, last played, date added, etc I already need to ask the information for all movies, otherwise I can't do the matching.
I hope to have compensated a bit of the additional time by processing the data in multiple threads. I can't compensate for everything since Kodi also needs to prep more data to be sent.

Apologies for the confusion on my part. I assumed that v2 would just build on the original framework as opposed to completely rewriting things.

Sent from my iPhone
(2017-02-01, 18:26)jouster Wrote: Apologies for the confusion on my part. I assumed that v2 would just build on the original framework as opposed to completely rewriting things.

Of course most of the code I am reusing, but I really started a complete new project.
In v1 I ran into some limitations because of the design I had chosen. Now I can do things differently. I have learned a lot in the last two years Big Grin
Awesome.

Sent from my iPhone
(2017-02-01, 02:53)jeff363 Wrote:
(2017-01-29, 15:09)rschiks Wrote:
(2017-01-29, 15:03)jeff363 Wrote: The only weird issue that I found was in the trailer section. When you go to select a movie, it takes you to the "play local or on kodi" page. I selected play local. It went to the trailer with the remote page overlaid on it. I had to X out of the remote page and then the trailer video was there to play. Did not make sense to have the remote page there....maybe it was only needed for the play on kodi selection?

Have you enabled the setting "Go directly to remote control after initiating play"? (General settings under Remote Control).

Yes....I thought that was for shows and movies...did not think it would be trailers. I thought if something was local to device that it would not be covered by the remote.....to the tv, I could understand that....

In the next build I have changed it. When playing a trailer on your device, streaming a movie or episode to your device, the setting will be ignored.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kyra for Kodi 26