• 1(current)
Kyra for Kodi 2
End of last year I had some time off and finished Kyra for Trakt. It’s time to spend some time on Kyra for Kodi again.

Over the last 2 years I have learned a lot. Hopefully my coding got a little bit better :-) and the forum has helped a lot about what users want.

I really liked the personal dashboard I have created for Kyra for Trakt and I thought why not putting this in Kyra for Kodi.
So I started working on a new version.

You can see this as a concept. Ok, it's fully working, but still, it’s not finished. A lot of options still need to be added.
In the other thread I said that I would like to build a new app together with the community. This is my plan for now.

Apple doesn’t like you to submit an app that’s not finished, so I needed to create something you can actually use.

This is what I have so far (just some screen shots):

And of course this is an universal app (I won't make that mistake twice! Big Grin)

Proud owner of comics42.shop 
I spent a lot of time on this, the personal dashboard. I think it's really awesome.

Check out this demo:

And since I know it's not always nice just to look at screen shots....

It's already available for you to play with. I made it available through Apple's TestFlight.

When I have added/changed something to the app, and posted some new screenshots, you can immediately see it for yourself.

You can have it running besides the original Kyra for Kodi, since this app has another app identifier.

If you are interested, send me a PM with your e-mail address.
A lot of features need to be added to this version. Like I said, this is just a start.
It's a good thing I already have a lot of code available from the other app! Big Grin

When you want to join I need an e-mail address (you can send me a PM) so you can get this version on your device.
You will get an invitation from Apple.

Of course I expect you to give feedback, make suggestions, etc.

First we still need to focus a little bit on the current options. For example: not all options have been added to movies and series.
After that music is on my list.

To do list:
- [Build 3] More sorting options (last played, date added) for movies and series.
- [Build 3] Add more detail information to a movie/episode, e.g. play count, last played, date added, imdb rating, codec, x264 etc.
- [Build 3] Add the use of tags.
- [Build 3] Jarvis (and higher) supports user ratings. Make it possible to add your own rating. Also, add sorting option for user rating.
- [Build 11] Change the fan art in Kodi too. Now it's just local.
- [Build 11] The personal dashboard is only available just for the first Kodi host. What to do when you have more hosts. Each a different dashboard? because every host can have an own database.
- [Build 7] Personal dashboard: add check if item still exists in kodi library.
- [Build 4] Top 250 filter.
- [Build 4] Add setting to automatically hide watched series.
- [Build 14] Add option disable showing the media flags.
- When an actor is selected show all his/her movies/series.
- [Build 14] Add buttons to the personal dashboard -> volume control [Build 11], Kodi host buttons.
- [Build 14] Add custom commands option.
- Add url scheme

Current issues:
You can also get the latest updates on Twitter.
Follow @KyraForKodi
Awesome, how to we try it with test flight? I have the app, but it's asking for a invite code.
Intel NUC Haswell I3
Nvidia Shield
LibreECEC
Kodi - Leia
(2017-01-14, 15:48)Ruk12345 Wrote: Awesome, how to we try it with test flight? I have the app, but it's asking for a invite code.

I need an e-mail address. Currently I am still adding/modifying text. Just updated another post explaining more.
Hi rschiks, long time no chat Hope your doing well.

The app is looking good and see you have been very busy it has come a long way since the last version. I am glad your still working on this.
(2017-01-14, 17:06)meridius Wrote: Hi rschiks, long time no chat Hope your doing well.

The app is looking good and see you have been very busy it has come a long way since the last version. I am glad your still working on this.

Great to hear from you again.

Yes, the Trakt app took a lot of time, but now that's finished (well, it's never finished right Big Grin), it's time for the remote again.
Having some great ideas!

As you have probably read I want to take a different approach. A different approach during the development time (making builds available along the way so you immediately can play with it) and a different approach in the app itself, the personal dashboard. I can litterally do everything with it.

And I think I can make it even faster than the original version.
Now all the data is cached during the app use and I index things.
So far I love the personal dash. Very nice for tv I am watching.

I have no concept of what's possible or the difficulty of any of this so please keep that in mind.

Would be nice to be able to see file codec (I.E. X265/x264 etc) the movie/tv view.

Ability to have personal dashboard load almost instantly. This could cause dead links if you remove somthing from libary in dashboard, but that that's a fair tradeoff.

Love the idea of adding the ability to add tags.

Just my initial thoughts.

You already have a fantastic platform with Kyra 1 so I can't wait to see what can be done with Kyra the Sequel ლ(╹◡╹)ლ
Intel NUC Haswell I3
Nvidia Shield
LibreECEC
Kodi - Leia
(2017-01-14, 19:54)Ruk12345 Wrote: So far I love the personal dash. Very nice for tv I am watching.

I have no concept of what's possible or the difficulty of any of this so please keep that in mind.

Would be nice to be able to see file codec (I.E. X265/x264 etc) the movie/tv view.

Ability to have personal dashboard load almost instantly. This could cause dead links if you remove somthing from libary in dashboard, but that that's a fair tradeoff.

Love the idea of adding the ability to add tags.

Just my initial thoughts.

You already have a fantastic platform with Kyra 1 so I can't wait to see what can be done with Kyra the Sequel ლ(╹◡╹)ლ

The instant loading won't be possible. I use the kodi data also, for example, for the number of total movies, watched movies labels, etc.
But once the movies or series are retrieved from Kodi they will be cached. if you start the movies (or series view) first, the personal dashboard will be faster because it retrieves the data from memory.

Dead links can be prevented. The library is in memory, so I can easily check if it's still valid.

The codec info I have added to the to do list (post #4).
Thanks for response.

Forgot to mention the new loading animation is GREAT. Seems like such a trivial thing, buts it's truly mesmerizing!!
Intel NUC Haswell I3
Nvidia Shield
LibreECEC
Kodi - Leia
(2017-01-15, 01:12)Ruk12345 Wrote: Thanks for response.

Forgot to mention the new loading animation is GREAT. Seems like such a trivial thing, buts it's truly mesmerizing!!

I like it too. I also like the one when you are marking a movie/episode as watched.
Tags is next on my list.

After retrieving all available tags from Kodi I put this list against the tags a movie has and voila:

When you select (or deselect) you will get the option to confirm. Once confirmed the new tags will be written to the Kodi database.
If you remove a tag from a movie, and that movie was the last one with that tag, Kodi will automatically remove the tag.

Awesome can't wait!!
Intel NUC Haswell I3
Nvidia Shield
LibreECEC
Kodi - Leia
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kyra for Kodi 26