• 20(current)
Kyra for Kodi 2
(2017-12-28, 15:47)rschiks Wrote:
(2017-12-27, 00:58)budiaguswidjaja Wrote: Hi Richard. I've been using Kyra 2 for a couple of months now. I think it's perfect and the best so far in the Appstore. The only issue I have is the fact that when playing the movies on my device, then there's a lack of functionality to find and read external subtitles which I actually have available in my library collection stored in my hard drives. Your app could read and play internally embedded subtitles available in the media files with no problem, but could not detect available external subtitles. For non-English speakers like me, the functionality to read and play external subtitles is very important. If you play the movies to the TV rather than on the device, then all subtitles, both internal and external, can be detected and selected.

Previously you explained that this functionality was not supported by the kodi library program, but I just found out that if you use the Android version of Kodi 17 on your Android tablet and have it network connected to your Kodi 17 on an Android box media player via UpNp (you need to select "read external subtitles" on the media player), then you can actually watch the movies on your Android tablet with the ability to read and play external subtitles with no problem at all. Too bad there's no official Kodi 17 app on Apple Appstore, hence I have to rely on Kyra 2 to have the same functionality.

Could you please have another look at the possibility of adding this functionality to Kyra 2? I really love your app and it would be 100% perfect if you add this functionality for us who really need to use external subtitles while streaming the files to our device. Thanks a lot, Richard.

The library I am using to play the media files is not supporting external subtitles.

And there's an official app for Kodi.

OK Richard. Thanks for your response.

Please would you keep looking into this as I really prefer using your apps for its better responsiveness syncing with the Kodi library. Not to compare yours with other apps, but nPlayer and Infuse (both are available in AppStore as well) can play external subtitles when streaming the movie to an apple device. They can even download external subtitles directly from OpenSubtitles. But to be honest, I prefer Kyra 2 for my extensive library which requires much faster syncing speed and minimum adjustment to what are already on kodi with no need to tweak the metadata. As I said, Kyra 2 would be 100% perfect once you add this functionality.

Thanks again for a great app.
cheers for letting me know about the iphone x version, thought I posted it in the right post . lol
Question, when I add a tag to a tvshow via your app where is this info saved?
Intel NUC Haswell I3
Nvidia Shield
LibreECEC
Kodi - Leia
(2018-04-10, 23:18)Ruk12345 Wrote: Question, when I add a tag to a tvshow via your app where is this info saved?
The tags are stored in Kodi, as well as the series and movies tags.
Proud owner of comics42.shop 
(2018-04-11, 07:21)rschiks Wrote:
(2018-04-10, 23:18)Ruk12345 Wrote: Question, when I add a tag to a tvshow via your app where is this info saved?

Is there a specific file it writes to? If so do you know path (not device specific) I ask for back up purposes .

Thank you
Intel NUC Haswell I3
Nvidia Shield
LibreECEC
Kodi - Leia
(2018-04-11, 17:18)Ruk12345 Wrote:
(2018-04-11, 07:21)rschiks Wrote:

Is there a specific file it writes to? If so do you know path (not device specific) I ask for back up purposes .

Thank you
I have no idea actually. I retrieve them via the API kodi provides.
Just found an issue with Kyra 2
start kyra
go to Library management - Series

When removing tv shows, not on the HDD anymore you will see all goes ok

But now 
go to a tv show
press edit
press Images, choose poster, select a new poster and press yes to change the existing one. New poster is set
press X to return to the previous page, now press < to go back the previous page, you are now back in the library management - series overview page
now select another tv show to delete, press yes
series is deleted

now you will see the issue: the previous page where you set the new poster is displayed as overlay over the library managent overview page

(2018-05-11, 07:52)zeroday Wrote: Just found an issue with Kyra 2
start kyra
go to Library management - Series

When removing tv shows, not on the HDD anymore you will see all goes ok

But now 
go to a tv show
press edit
press Images, choose poster, select a new poster and press yes to change the existing one. New poster is set
press X to return to the previous page, now press < to go back the previous page, you are now back in the library management - series overview page
now select another tv show to delete, press yes
series is deleted

now you will see the issue: the previous page where you set the new poster is displayed as overlay over the library managent overview page

Thanks for reporting!
I have a smart playlist to display my movies by rating, but Kyra2 displays them sorted by title, even if I change the view sort
criteria.

<smartplaylist type="movies">
    <name>Unrated</name>
    <match>all</match>
    <order direction="ascending">rating</order>
</smartplaylist>
(2018-05-23, 15:41)fbacher Wrote: I have a smart playlist to display my movies by rating, but Kyra2 displays them sorted by title, even if I change the view sort
criteria.

<smartplaylist type="movies">
    <name>Unrated</name>
    <match>all</match>
    <order direction="ascending">rating</order>
</smartplaylist>

The smartplaylists API part of Kodi is not returning this kind of information.
Hey Richard!

Is Kyra for Kodi 2 still being developed? I am just now getting back to using my iPad to control Kodi (I run Leia nightly on Windows).  I will start testing again today and let you know what I find.  Remember I have a large collection (5400+ movies, 15k episodes on 500+ tv shows).  I can now also test Live TV.  As always, thanks for your work!

Regards,

Bart
(2018-08-20, 15:51)bsoriano Wrote: Hey Richard!

Is Kyra for Kodi 2 still being developed? I am just now getting back to using my iPad to control Kodi (I run Leia nightly on Windows).  I will start testing again today and let you know what I find.  Remember I have a large collection (5400+ movies, 15k episodes on 500+ tv shows).  I can now also test Live TV.  As always, thanks for your work!

Regards,

Bart
At the moment I’m busy with another project (and work again). But version 2 should not have any issues with a large library. Not like version 1.
I don't know if this is relevant to the problem about sort order of smart playlists that I reported above, but there has been a fix for Kodi 18 that may impact it: "[JSON-RPC]Fix wrong playback order for smartplaylists, playlists and upnp #13059" https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/13059

I am running with Kodi 18 nightly now, but the problem remains.
What is the version number that supports iPhone X?  Has one been released yet or is it the one mentioned to be on github?  Thanks.
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
(2018-10-29, 15:22)bobrap Wrote: What is the version number that supports iPhone X?  Has one been released yet or is it the one mentioned to be on github?  Thanks.
They all support the iPhone X, but not the full screen is being used.
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kyra for Kodi 26