Movie playback in Kodi
I'm trying to establish an alternative to Win7 / WMC so this is my basis of comparison. What I've experienced so far is a difference in how DVD movies stored on a hard drive are played back. On WMC, a thumbnail of the file is displayed and selecting it starts the program as if the DVD were in a player i.e menu options available and the whole movie can be played from there. With Kodi, at least how I've configured it so far navigating Videos / Files gives me a listing of my movies. But when a movie is selected, the subsequent screen is of the audio and video folders which are contained in the drive path. Subsequent selections can drill down and if I remember which video file extension to pick, I indeed can view the movie from the opening menu. But it's cumbersome and not wife friendly.

I know some software doesn't play well with the video file format / structure (Plex) but a Kodi.wiki page re Video Player led me to believe that Kodi would operate the same as WMC; "VideoPlayer supports DVD-Video with menus, from CD/DVD-media, harddrive network.......".

Have I missed something, need a different approach or an add-on ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie playback in Kodi0