v16 Music smart playlist
Good mornig.

My currently use of music menù is:

Music

Kodi show all my artist in data base. I click on one artist and the program show all album of him in my database. I click on album and the program show all songs in it.

Today I've created a smart playlist for the O.S.T. CDs.
Working fine.

Now my goal is this:

Music

Kodi show all my artist in data base. I click on one artist and the program show all album of him in my database (except O.S.T.). I click on album and the program show all songs in it.

With smart playlist there aren't successful...

Il possible?

P.S. O.S.T. is genre= original sound track
One thing to try would be an artists playlist with rule genre is not "O.S.T.". You could also create a custom node with the same rule. Is that what yuo tried?

However with smart playlists (and filter type custom nodes) the rules are not passed on to the view of albums etc. So if you have artists that have some songs that are not O.S.T. but some songs that are then they will be listed by that playist, but when you click on them you will see all their albums including those with O.S.T. Is that why you say it was not successful?
(2017-01-15, 14:08)DaveBlake Wrote: One thing to try would be an artists playlist with rule genre is not "O.S.T.".

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="artists">
    <name>NO OST</name>
    <match>one</match>
    <rule field="genre" operator="isnot">
        <value>Original sound tracks</value>
    </rule>
    <order direction="ascending">artist</order>
</smartplaylist>

I've tried but the program hidden the artist (that have OST inside) and not the cd

I've tried a albums playlist

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="albums">
    <name>NO OST</name>
    <match>one</match>
    <rule field="genre" operator="isnot">
        <value>Original sound tracks</value>
    </rule>
    <order direction="ascending">artist</order>
</smartplaylist>

But the artist choise is bypassed.

(2017-01-15, 14:08)DaveBlake Wrote: You could also create a custom node with the same rule.

I must inform that what Huh

(2017-01-15, 14:08)DaveBlake Wrote: However with smart playlists (and filter type custom nodes) the rules are not passed on to the view of albums etc. So if you have artists that have some songs that are not O.S.T. but some songs that are then they will be listed by that playist, but when you click on them you will see all their albums including those with O.S.T.

I thinks of album, not songs.

Example when i choose Phil Collins, I want list all him CDs in my library except Tarzan

Thanks for your attention
I understand completely what you want to do.

You have hit the current design limitation with smart playlists (and filter type custom nodes) I'm afraid. At the moment Kodi can not do this. It is something I would like to be able to do too, so on my list for v18
Good work Dave!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music smart playlist0