Beta Advanced MAME Launcher - MAME frontend for Kodi
(2018-02-17, 18:13)Kel_Sceptic Wrote: It is a custom HTPC, so it doesnt have a window manager, it starts X then KODI. If kodi fails/crashes it autorestarts.
I'm using alsa so that KODI can passthrough (Allow passthrough) the digital signal with signatures (DTS/DolbyD etc" to my Onkyo reciever. So yes, it is using an HDMI cable for the audio part.
Seems like I should try setting up dmix.
Good luck! Configuring ALSA may be a pain in the ass but I'm sure it's doable.

(2018-02-17, 18:13)Kel_Sceptic Wrote: About the keyboard issue, any ideeas on how to make Kodi keep the keyboard, since no window manager used ?

Thank you.
I'm afraid unless you use a Window Manager you cannot avoid this. If the HTPC is based in Ubuntu, then you sould be able to locate the systemd service that initiates X. Then, modify it to launch a Window Manager (I recommend OpenBox) and then Kodi.

The other solution would be to use a wrapper script to close Kodi, launch MAME, and then open Kodi again. However, if Kodi is relaunched by another scripts that detects when Kodi crashes and relaunches it, this won't work either.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Advanced MAME Launcher - MAME frontend for Kodi - by Wintermute0110 - 2018-02-18, 13:41

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced MAME Launcher - MAME frontend for Kodi2
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.