Beta Advanced MAME Launcher - MAME frontend for Kodi
(2018-05-27, 03:09)Dax9 Wrote: I'm getting errors when setting up AML.  This occurs in AML 0.9.4, 0.9.5, 0.9.6 running Kodi 17.6 on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

My log is here: https://pastebin.com/vtArhtwD

These are the setup steps I executed.  I don't have Software Lists, so I skipped those steps:
Extract MAME.xml     OK
Build MAME databases     OK
Build MAME Audit/Scanner databases     ERROR
Build MAME catalogs     OK
Scan MAME ROMs/CHDs/Samples     ERROR
Scan MAME assets/artwork     OK
Build MAME machines plots     OK
Rebuild MAME machine and asset cache     OK

Thanks for working on this great add-on.
You are getting an out of memory error. How much RAM do you have in your mediacenter computer? To avoid this error, if AML or any other addon crashes please reboot Kodi and try again, this seems to help (for some reason it looks that if an addon crashes the memory consumed is not completely purged and after the crashing addons have less memory available).

I have modified AML and added a patch that should keep the memory consumed below 2 GBytes when building the Audit database. I did not do much testing but seems to work OK. Can you please try the version in github? There is an additional problem... I discovered that when you download AML ZIP from Github the pdfrw submodule is not downloaded (do you know something about git usage?). I will need more time to fix this problem with the submodule. If you know what I'm talking about, download the submodule and include in the AML ZIP file. If not wait until tomorrow and I will fix this additional problem with the submodule.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Advanced MAME Launcher - MAME frontend for Kodi - by Wintermute0110 - 2018-05-27, 11:44

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced MAME Launcher - MAME frontend for Kodi2
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.